Collapse
No announcement yet.

At least the HW division has been remotely exciting lately

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even with Price, Haye and Fury on the UK front, I haven't found the heavyweight division to be the least bit exciting.

Recycled heavyweights, pumped up cruiserweights and inexperianced fighters make up the rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

You keep bringing up race and color as a reason MOST people don't find the heavyweight division exciting. Where exactly is this information coming from? What proof do you have of this? I don't see anyone saying thats the reason they find it boring and unless you're able to psychoanalyze everyone you think that about (and over a computer no less) than you're full of crap.

The reason its seen as boring is because its like pulling teeth to get the best contenders to fight one another. When we do get that they're slow and out of shape more times than not. Its seen as boring because the two most dominant fighters do not seek and destroy in spite of having massive advantages in skill and more time than not, size.

Take a poll and ask what people prefer from their heavyweights, guys who are dominant but play it safe or guys who go balls to the wall. I promise you it would be lopsided in favor of the latter. I don't doubt there are some who don't like the Klits for their color, but the majority could care less and find the division boring for the reasons I named.

Gene Tunney was never accepted in his time because he came after Dempsey and was thought of as a thinking mans fighter, ie, boring. Holmes, same thing. Micheal Moorer because he wasn't the killer at heavyweight as he was at light heavyweight. People are drawn towards warriors, thats the bottom line. The whole race excuse is a fabrication with nothing to back it up made up by guys who cannot understand why people aren't as fascinated with certain fighters as they are.
      Still looking for a response to this post from ANYONE who thinks race and color are the reasons the majority find the heavyweight division boring.

Comment

You keep bringing up race and color as a reason MOST people don't find the heavyweight division exciting. Where exactly is this information coming from? What proof do you have of this? I don't see anyone saying thats the reason they find it boring and unless you're able to psychoanalyze everyone you think that about (and over a computer no less) than you're full of crap.

The reason its seen as boring is because its like pulling teeth to get the best contenders to fight one another. When we do get that they're slow and out of shape more times than not. Its seen as boring because the two most dominant fighters do not seek and destroy in spite of having massive advantages in skill and more time than not, size.

Take a poll and ask what people prefer from their heavyweights, guys who are dominant but play it safe or guys who go balls to the wall. I promise you it would be lopsided in favor of the latter. I don't doubt there are some who don't like the Klits for their color, but the majority could care less and find the division boring for the reasons I named.

Gene Tunney was never accepted in his time because he came after Dempsey and was thought of as a thinking mans fighter, ie, boring. Holmes, same thing. Micheal Moorer because he wasn't the killer at heavyweight as he was at light heavyweight. People are drawn towards warriors, thats the bottom line. The whole race excuse is a fabrication with nothing to back it up made up by guys who cannot understand why people aren't as fascinated with certain fighters as they are.
        Truly tremendous post.

Mr Fantastic won't be able to hit back with proof of any of his pathetic claims. All he does is post about race and colour in a childish attempt to bait.

Comment

Comment

Haye-Chisora created interest obviously.

Price has been getting hyped as the next big thing at HW, and he looks good thus far. Time will tell.

Mitchell is getting hype because America is looking for their next great HW, and he is NOT that.

The division is boring because it's been weak in terms of how skilled the fighters are, aside from the Klitschko's. I still say Byrd and Haye are the two best fighters either Klitschko have fought, aside from when Vitali fought a past prime Lennox.

Another reason is because the Top HW's in the Klitschko era has often been out of shape HW's to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
              Truly tremendous post.

Mr Fantastic won't be able to hit back with proof of any of his pathetic claims. All he does is post about race and colour in a childish attempt to bait.
              I honestly don't expect to hear from ANYONE who has ever made this ridiculous claim because NONE of them can prove it. Its just a weak excuse. On the other hand I can provided examples of my points in almost every weight class from an assortment of fighters of different nationalities throughout history. It simply is not race or color that makes today's heavyweights boring as a whole to the vast majority, its human nature. When we think of Goliath's we expect utter destruction or to go down trying. We can appreciate a disciplined, tactical fight where a guys wins easily, but as human beings we want blood. Its been this way since the beginning of time and it will always be that way. THAT is why we find the heavyweights boring today.

Comment

ive always enjoyed the heavyweights, lol, the guys who root for american fighters are not as excited as other people from other countries, lol, here in america really dont have any fighter to get us excited so we sit here and complain

Comment

Fight report:

Mr Fantastic came out jabbing in round 1, JAB came out slinging bombs
                  JAB wins by KO - 1st round.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                    Fight report:

Mr Fantastic came out jabbing in round 1, JAB came out slinging bombs
                    JAB wins by KO - 1st round.
                    As an objective fan of the sport what do you find more entertaining, swinging for the fences or playing it safe?

Comment

As an objective fan of the sport what do you find more entertaining, swinging for the fences or playing it safe?
                      12 rounds of slowly and cautiously jabbing away whilst flinching and looking cautiously for openings to hold when the opponent tries to unleash his fury.

No one wants to see 2 big heavyweights stick it all on the line to prove who is the better man by knocking the other out as fast and brutally as possible.

Obviously.

Comment

Working...
                      X