No announcement yet.

Respect..........what happened to it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    It would be strange. I wasn't here before Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, I have no clue what this site would look like without those two fanbases insulting each other. I don't think it has ever been respectful, not that I've seen.
    Yea I am a late bloomer when it comes to the whole forum thing, so I wasn't here before all that either. I actually didn't know it was that big of a "deal" until I found this site. Til then everyone I knew in real life I guess just thought Floyd was the best.
    But with no Floyd or Manny hype boxing might die down for a bit. No one would draw in the casual fans.

Comment

It would be strange. I wasn't here before Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, I have no clue what this site would look like without those two fanbases insulting each other. I don't think it has ever been respectful, not that I've seen.
      There were still a lot of fanboys... but nothing on the May/Pac scale.

Comment

But..................what if you don't like either?? Like me??

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
          I agree to a certain extent and believe you have a point. This forum is overrun with droolers that take nuthugging to it's most extreme and it's almost impossible to have an intelligent conversation based on logic and sincere arguments without it getting lost in a flood of "lol u mad" "take da test" "floyd on vacation bbwahahaha" etc.

With that said i don't think we have to praise every fighter either. If i see something i disagree with i will let it be known. They are not gods to me so i treat them the same as i would with others whos service i pay for.

No need for endless fighter bashing, but in sports it's healthy to have some emotion invested. Whenever my favorite fighters go out there i hate their opponent fiercely for those 1-12 rounds.

I love watching Pac fights but i rarely root for him anymore and there's a fair few things about him that rubs me the wrong way. Same with Mayweather/Klitschko/Froch/Gamboa/etcetcetc for others.

What i do laugh about is how these absurd posters, previously mentioned, end up with posts like "Yes it's a damn shame some people cant just talk boxing" when they're doing their best to smother any sane discussing to an early death.
          I think some of them just don't realize how terrible they are and the rest is just in it for the laughs.
          1st bold: I absolutely agree, I used to be a Manny fan until he blew up ridiculously, now I love watching his fights but I haven't cheered for him to win one since before he fought Oscar.

2nd bold: If that is direct at me, I was clearly sarcastic earlier

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            But..................what if you don't like either?? Like me??
            Then your opinion is appreciated by people like me, because you are the most unbiased.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
              I agree to a certain extent and believe you have a point. This forum is overrun with droolers that take nuthugging to it's most extreme and it's almost impossible to have an intelligent conversation based on logic and sincere arguments without it getting lost in a flood of "lol u mad" "take da test" "floyd on vacation bbwahahaha" etc.

With that said i don't think we have to praise every fighter either. If i see something i disagree with i will let it be known. They are not gods to me so i treat them the same as i would with others whos service i pay for.

No need for endless fighter bashing, but in sports it's healthy to have some emotion invested. Whenever my favorite fighters go out there i hate their opponent fiercely for those 1-12 rounds.

I love watching Pac fights but i rarely root for him anymore and there's a fair few things about him that rubs me the wrong way. Same with Mayweather/Klitschko/Froch/Gamboa/etcetcetc for others.

What i do laugh about is how these absurd posters, previously mentioned, end up with posts like "Yes it's a damn shame some people cant just talk boxing" when they're doing their best to smother any sane discussing to an early death.
              I think some of them just don't realize how terrible they are and the rest is just in it for the laughs.
              Bwahaha is the most annoying thing a person can type. I literally want to punch something every time I see that on my screen.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                1st bold: I absolutely agree, I used to be a Manny fan until he blew up ridiculously, now I love watching his fights but I haven't cheered for him to win one since before he fought Oscar.

2nd bold: If that is direct at me, I was clearly sarcastic earlier
                When did Mannie "blow up ridiculously"?
                Bottomline here is that Mannie fights are great fights.
                Floyd fights are good fights.

Comment

Bwahaha is the most annoying thing a person can type. I literally want to punch something every time I see that on my screen.
                  You're just a butthurt Bradley AKA Klingon Warrior fanboy, bwahahaha.

I'm just playing homie. I feel ya. That poster Pac-Boy ALWAYS does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
                    When did Mannie "blow up ridiculously"?
                    Bottomline here is that Mannie fights are great fights.
                    Floyd fights are good fights.
                    I think he means when Manny fans started doing things like editing wikipedia to say Morales poisoned Manny, started appearing on youtube videos doing things like calling SRR and other black boxers monkeys while proclaiming pac the greatest ever, or when they protested the hall of fame to make Pac the first still active inductee. Perhaps their incessant spamming of boxing sites with hate-filled rants in broken English and accompanied by photoshopped buckets of KFC.

This being the internet, everyone started behaving at their level and that is online boxing forums as we know them today and how it will remain until Pac loses/retires.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      You're just a butthurt Bradley AKA Klingon Warrior fanboy, bwahahaha.

I'm just playing homie. I feel ya. That poster Pac-Boy ALWAYS does it.
                      You jerk, I just punched my dog. I hope you have the money to pay for his vet bills.

Comment

Working...
                      X