No announcement yet.

Can someone give me the lowdown on Gamboa vs. Jorge Linares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone give me the lowdown on Gamboa vs. Jorge Linares

Who wins? What strategies would they employ to win?

Linares is far more skilled than Gamboa. Gamboa has great hand speed but other than that Linares is better at everything. You're talking about a B class fighter and comparing him to potentially an A class fighter. Linares is head and shoulders above Gamboa.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      Linares is far more skilled than Gamboa. Gamboa has great hand speed but other than that Linares is better at everything. You're talking about a B class fighter and comparing him to potentially an A class fighter. Linares is head and shoulders above Gamboa.
      This is why I'm on Boxingscene. I watched some Gamboa and thought he might make my "starting 5" but I guess I should start watching some Linares.

Comment

Originally posted by mike ruler View Post
        This is why I'm on Boxingscene. I watched some Gamboa and thought he might make my "starting 5" but I guess I should start watching some Linares.
        Sadly, Linares has been very inactive as of late. I blame a bad promoter but he also had an injury(cant remember what it is) that has held him up a bit. He is a very good talent, but still a tad raw since his best win is only against Oscar Larios. If you watch him though you can tell that his boxing IQ is really good, he throws crisp tight punches, and also has solid defense and footwork. He has all the tools to be a very good fighter. Gamboa on the other hand really doesn't do anything great outside of hand speed and being able to over whelm his opponents. Once Gamboa gets in with one of the top guys he will hit the canvas like hes been doing but he won't get back up. He needs to keep his hands up, that **** won't fly against the top dogs.

Comment

Sadly, Linares has been very inactive as of late. I blame a bad promoter but he also had an injury(cant remember what it is) that has held him up a bit. He is a very good talent, but still a tad raw since his best win is only against Oscar Larios. If you watch him though you can tell that his boxing IQ is really good, he throws crisp tight punches, and also has solid defense and footwork. He has all the tools to be a very good fighter. Gamboa on the other hand really doesn't do anything great outside of hand speed and being able to over whelm his opponents. Once Gamboa gets in with one of the top guys he will hit the canvas like hes been doing but he won't get back up. He needs to keep his hands up, that **** won't fly against the top dogs.
          Yeah I noticed that too. But, I'll still hold out hope for him. He could tighten up his defense he's only got like 15 pro fights.

Comment

I guess I'm the only one who thinks Linares is overrated, he's a good fighter and all but ppl sound like he cant be beaten. I got Gamboa if this fight ever happens.

Comment

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
              I guess I'm the only one who thinks Linares is overrated, he's a good fighter and all but ppl sound like he cant be beaten. I got Gamboa if this fight ever happens.
              Linares does get a lot of love and most people that back him think hes invincible, I'll agree with you on that. Linares can be beat and one of the big question marks is his power, he lacks that nice pop that lets say a Gamboa has. With that said I doubt that a fighter like Gamboa could beat him. Linares is bigger and with all of Gamboas flaws I just can't see him beating Linares. A guy like Humberto Soto or even Robert Guerrero would give Linares hell though.

Comment

Linares does get a lot of love and most people that back him think hes invincible, I'll agree with you on that. Linares can be beat and one of the big question marks is his power, he lacks that nice pop that lets say a Gamboa has. With that said I doubt that a fighter like Gamboa could beat him. Linares is bigger and with all of Gamboas flaws I just can't see him beating Linares. A guy like Humberto Soto or even Robert Guerrero would give Linares hell though.
                You talk about Guerrero. I think Gamboa would stand a great chance against Guererro. I think he could get inside and make it an ugly fight. Guerrero I don't think has enough power to keep YG off him imo...

Comment

that's the main reason I got Gamboa vs him, I think Gamboa is also too fast for him. Its gonna take a real puncher like Juanma, Marquez, Vazquez or one of those guys to get Gamboa's respect.

Comment

Working...
                  X