Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Gallagher Rips Shane McGuigan: He Wants To Be a Pin Up Boy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    Nothing fake about Scott Quigg. Working class lad come good, still lives at home with his mum in a two bedroom house, despite being a millionaire.
    That does nothing for me to be honest, saw that this morning on sky and i thought so what? Am not some mug who believes that selling point... Like the Ricky Hatton one ( I drank beer with me mates / am one of the lads crap)... For me that all part and parcel of a boxer with a PR machine behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterDeclanCor View Post
      They're all pretty sound as far as I can tell. Barry McGuigan's a hero, Frampton's down-to-earth, good sense of humour, Shane's a confident young dude, serious about his work. Yupp they're all dead-on, you're just biased. Quigg's goin' down. Care to bet?
      Calls me biased, yet is from Belfast with a Frampton avatar lol.

Barry McGuigan was a fine boxer, but as a man, he's an arrogant prick. Frampton is mostly fine, but does stuff like pulling a piece of paper out during the press conference with "Real Champion" on it, despite being as much a paper champion as Quigg is.

As for a bet, nah, i don't bet with strangers on the internet. I think it's more or a less a 50/50 fight anyway, i won't be putting money on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        That does nothing for me to be honest, saw that this morning on sky and i thought so what? Am not some mug who believes that selling point... Like the Ricky Hatton one ( I drank beer with me mates / am one of the lads crap)... For me that all part and parcel of a boxer with a PR machine behind him.
        It's a well known fact buddy. Trust me, he doesn't secretly live in a mansion in Cheshire then come back to Bury when the cameras are rolling.

Comment

I said very early on that quigg was being overlooked.
          Frampton's class & can box very well but I can't see him hanging with quigg.
          I think quigg will stop frampton. I could see it being early doors but I think mid point stoppage for a Quigg win

Comment

Calls me biased, yet is from Belfast with a Frampton avatar lol.

Barry McGuigan was a fine boxer, but as a man, he's an arrogant prick. Frampton is mostly fine, but does stuff like pulling a piece of paper out during the press conference with "Real Champion" on it, despite being as much a paper champion as Quigg is.

As for a bet, nah, i don't bet with strangers on the internet. I think it's more or a less a 50/50 fight anyway, i won't be putting money on.
            I really don't see it that way. Barry's as genuine as they come, a good man. And Frampton isn't a paper champion, he wasn't handed his belt, don't be silly.

Bet me on here, points, bitta craic.

Comment

It's a well known fact buddy. Trust me, he doesn't secretly live in a mansion in Cheshire then come back to Bury when the cameras are rolling.
              I don't think he disbelieves it, mate, he just doesn't care. Quigg's marketed that way - 'ah live in a two bedroom house with me mum and help run the chippy on ma days off.' Supports the troops, all that craic. Real working class boy, not the sharpest tool in the box but he sure goes hard.

It's alright, Frampton has his angle too, it's all part of the game. Carl's proud working class too, though I think it's fair to say he's pretty unaffected on the whole.

Comment

I really don't see it that way. Barry's as genuine as they come, a good man. And Frampton isn't a paper champion, he wasn't handed his belt, don't be silly.

Bet me on here, points, bitta craic.
                He won the belt in the ring I'll give him that, but we all know that Rigo is the #1 in the division, so yeah, Frampton holds a paper title. Just like Wilder does at HW etc.

Frampton is likeable tbh, I'll support him against anyone but Scott lol.

Go on I'll have you a bet, epoints or sig? Or both?

Comment

He won the belt in the ring I'll give him that, but we all know that Rigo is the #1 in the division, so yeah, Frampton holds a paper title. Just like Wilder does at HW etc.

Frampton is likeable tbh, I'll support him against anyone but Scott lol.

Go on I'll have you a bet, epoints or sig? Or both?
                  There's a difference between holding a world title and being number one in the division, depends what way you look at it, there aren't many undisputed champions nowadays...

How does sig work?

Comment

There's a difference between holding a world title and being number one in the division, depends what way you look at it, there aren't many undisputed champions nowadays...

How does sig work?
                    Fair enough, but Frampton claiming that Scott is a paper champion and he isn't is a load of rubbish. Rigo is #1, not Frampton or Quigg.

Basically if Quigg wins, i get you to set a forum sig on here saying whatever i want, and vice versa if Frampton wins.

If you're not sure how to set one, go to "User CP" at the top and access from the menu on the left.

Like you say, just a bit of fun.

Comment

Not saying he does.

Comment

Working...
                      X