Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Blasts British Board, Talks Haye vs. Chisora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Blasts British Board, Talks Haye vs. Chisora

By Frank Warren

AS SOON as the big heavyweight showdown between David Haye and Dereck Chisora was officially announced this week, the ‘experts’ started to come out.

Promoter Barry Hearn was quick off the mark to say his company Matchroom would never work on a show that wasn’t licensed by the British Boxing Board of Control.

Conveniently, he’s forgotten about taking Herol Graham and Julian Jackson overseas after Jackson was refused a licence to fight in Britain due to his deteriorating eyesight.

Jackson was virtually blind in one eye. But as Hearn had won the purse bid to stage the vacant WBC world middleweight title, he looked at Monaco before eventually getting a licence under the Spanish boxing federation to stage the fight in Benalmadena.

So a half-blind boxer fought against a British licence holder with another British licence holder involved in the promotion. What did the Board do about it? Zilch! [Click Here To Read More]

wonder what the bbbof say after reading this... fish eyes makes a strong argument

Comment

The British Board is just mad that they will have no part in making money off this fight. All the other fighters mentioned were scrubs that nobody wanted to see anyway, but this fight is capturing the attention of alot of boxing fans around the world. I am not a fan of either Fighter however i am very interested in watching Haye KO Chisora as well as to watch both men act like clowns in their promotions for the fight. I just hope the Fight will be as entertaining as the Pressers. Bottom line.. Forget the Board and fight

Comment

finally someone is making a fight everyone wants to see....

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
          finally someone is making a fight everyone wants to see....
          Im glad I've got tickets for this event. Best british fight in years if not recent history. Hope Dell Boy makes gaye his Biatch!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X