Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn Believes Ricky Burns is Still The Same Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn Believes Ricky Burns is Still The Same Fighter

Eddie Hearn has told Scottish boxing fans that they will see the best of Coatbridge's Ricky Burns when he meets Italy's Michele Di Rocco for the vacant WBA World light-welterweight title at Glasgow's SSE Hydro Arena on Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The fact that Burns is even ranked at 140, never mind fighting for the sole WBA championship, is an absolute travesty

He hasn't fought at 140 since he lost to Omar in May last year. He has had 2 lightweight bouts in-between against no-hopers

Comment

Burns has been robbed so many times in his career that alone can be damaging, kinda reminds me of provodnikov in the fact those robberies took a lot out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
        Burns has been robbed so many times in his career that alone can be damaging, kinda reminds me of provodnikov in the fact those robberies took a lot out of him.
        lol are you serious?
        He won a split decision over Zlaticanin who was beating him so badly that when the fight originally aired, they had "technical difficulties" and the broadcast went down. When they came back the commentators said that Burns won all those "mystery rounds" and was back in the fight when he really wasn't.

And who can forget that utterly laughable Beltran robbery?
        You reap what you sow.

Comment

Indeed! The same crap! He also lost to Beltran and Gonzalez was schooling him... so... Ricky Burned is now fighting a **** star nobody has even heard of.

Comment

More bull**** from hearn

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
              lol are you serious?
              He won a split decision over Zlaticanin who was beating him so badly that when the fight originally aired, they had "technical difficulties" and the broadcast went down. When they came back the commentators said that Burns won all those "mystery rounds" and was back in the fight when he really wasn't.

And who can forget that utterly laughable Beltran robbery?
              You reap what you sow.
              Not seen that fight - but Burns did actually lose it.

Watched him lose to Beltran but was gifted a draw.

Still though, not being cruel but whoever thought Burns was ever that good and the fact he has a got a shot tonight is nuts. Says something about the power of Sky/Matchroom. But still the dude will be able to say he was a three weight world champ if he wins!

Can't get my head around that. Ricky Burns.

If I was Kevin Mitchell I would honestly go to bed thinking WTF? Regarding his own career in comparison to Ricky's. He is much better than him. But not only that but Ricky Burns knocked him out, lol, and outpointed the another guys who stopped Mitchell.

Comment

isn't being the same fighter a bad thing?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  isn't being the same fighter a bad thing?
                  levels I suppose.

He wouldn't want to turn up and be Robin Deakin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    Not seen that fight - but Burns did actually lose it.

Watched him lose to Beltran but was gifted a draw.

Still though, not being cruel but whoever thought Burns was ever that good and the fact he has a got a shot tonight is nuts. Says something about the power of Sky/Matchroom. But still the dude will be able to say he was a three weight world champ if he wins!

Can't get my head around that. Ricky Burns.

If I was Kevin Mitchell I would honestly go to bed thinking WTF? Regarding his own career in comparison to Ricky's. He is much better than him. But not only that but Ricky Burns knocked him out, lol, and outpointed the another guys who stopped Mitchell.
                    burns and broner will be on the same level and we can finally get that super fight we missed. burns will be the interim champ to broner yayyy

how is mitchell better than burns? burns resume is much better and he beat him head to head. seems pretty clear.

Comment

Working...
                    X