No announcement yet.

Recommend Me Some Anime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Try Gantz, it's short but good. The books is longer though, if you like the show read the manga too.

You can also try Grappler Baki.

I have never enjoyed an anime show more than Dragon Ball though.
    That's the anime with the greatest first episode, it's a good series as it is but that first episode does the job. They need to remake that one though. As for the thread starter, everything he described leads to Gantz but you got there before me.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
      i have seen Samurai X (Rorouni Kenshin) , Yuyu Hakusho, Hajime No Ippo, some Dragon Ball Z shyt (not much of my type and Attack on Titan which is great.

i am looking for something dark, mature, great story, great action and brutal, not too much of seasons and episodes and if it has nudity it would be a plus.

thanks in advance.
      I'm gonna name the ones that contain all in the bold.

Ninja Scroll

Berserk

Hellsing Ultimate

Violence Jack (Warning: rape, cannibalism, necrophilia and no, it's not a hentai)

Devilman Ova

Angel Cop

The last three I mentioned are old school.

Comment

if you guys can also recommend me something that's not too magical like those dragonball type of shit. something that's somehow realistic and normal but has action and nudity. thanks in advance.

by the way check out taboo charming mother.

Comment

if you guys can also recommend me something that's not too magical like those dragonball type of shit. something that's somehow realistic and normal but has action and nudity. thanks in advance.

Basilisk has always been a favorite of mines. Only 26 episodes, it's dark, gritty, and main character die left and right.

Another I like is Now Then Here and Now. 13 episodes so you can watch it over a weekend. Child slavery, war, sex slavery, and a craze ruler all within the first 6 episodes.

Trigun is an obvious one. Detective Conan is an all time favorite of mines. If you like Death Note you might like DC as well.

If you looking for some comedy check out Golden Boy (it's hilarious and only 6 episodes long) and GTO. actyally dude I really suggest you check out Golden Boy if you haven't it's a little old but really funny and dirty.
          Last edited by SilverMiles; 04-20-2016, 01:08 AM.

Comment

is it a movie or a series?
            That one is just a movie. But it meets all of your requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
              Basilisk has always been a favorite of mines. Only 26 episodes, it's dark, gritty, and main character die left and right.

Another I like is Now Then Here and Now. 13 episodes so you can watch it over a weekend. Child slavery, war, sex slavery, and a craze ruler all within the first 6 episodes.

Trigun is an obvious one. Detective Conan is an all time favorite of mines. If you like Death Note you might like DC as well.

If you looking for some comedy check out Golden Boy (it's hilarious and only 6 episodes long) and GTO. actyally dude I really suggest you check out Golden Boy if you haven't it's a little old but really funny and dirty.
              i will look into your recommendations.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              That one is just a movie. But it meets all of your requirements.
              downloaded it. will check out soon. thanks!

Comment

Samurai Champloo

cowboy bebop, outlaw star(great space stories that are similar)

Ghost in the shell, Psycho-Pass (Great sci fi detective mystery that are similar)

Paranoia Agent(this is only 13 ep but really creepy psychological thriller)

Steins Gate(Crazy time travel story that gets dark)
                Last edited by RetroSpeed05; 04-20-2016, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                  Samurai Champloo

cowboy bebop, outlaw star(great space stories that are similar)

Ghost in the shell, Psycho-Pass (Great sci fi detective mystery that are similar)

Paranoia Agent(this is only 13 ep but really creepy psychological thriller)

Steins Gate(Crazy time travel story that gets dark)
                  this is going to be done by Scarlet Johannson right?

Comment

i will look into your recommendations.

downloaded it. will check out soon. thanks!
                    I see you downloaded Ninja Scroll, the movie Shoulder Roll recommend. That's a good movie. If you like Ninja Scroll movie Basillisk would be a good follow up. Based on the same ninja clans and a lot of the same folk lore.

There's also a ninja scroll TV show based on the movie. It's not very good but only 26 episodes long I think.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                      I see you downloaded Ninja Scroll, the movie Shoulder Roll recommend. That's a good movie. If you like Ninja Scroll movie Basillisk would be a good follow up. Based on the same ninja clans and a lot of the same folk lore.

There's also a ninja scroll TV show based on the movie. It's not very good but only 26 episodes long I think.
                      the ninja scroll is currently downloading right now. so you're saying it's not good? or should i stick with just the movie instead?

Comment

Working...
                      X