Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im starting to think that Ward may beat DF out of Kov! I mean punish him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im starting to think that Ward may beat DF out of Kov! I mean punish him!

First off I wanna say that Im not making a prediction anytime soon! Im about 60% - 40% in favor of Ward!

But I think that Kov hits hard and is rangy! Im not sure who is bigger out of Kov and Berrera! But I seen how Kov couldnt really hurt Popkins who is a grandad! And I always see Kov get buzzed a little by shots!

I think Kov is a wee bit less skilled than Ward! However he IS very skilled! I see him and say "This is a GREAT fighter, and boxer, technique-wise" But with Ward, I say "This is a SPECIAL fighter"

Ward being the better fighter, while Kov compensates by hitting hard as nails and being taller!

But Ward capitalizes on EVERY mistake! If you throw a punch, you get countered! If you sit and wait, you get attacked! If your gloves are too high, you get punched in the body! If your gloves are too low, you get hit up top!

For every mistake, he capitalizes!

And I am kind of getting the feeling that Ward doesnt look at Kov the way others do! Ward kind of looks at him like a tool that he can use to make himself look good! He looks at Kov like "Man if I beat him up really bad, it will make me look very good"

Almost like a stepping stone, that he can stand on top off and be praised for!

Ward can be very dirty, ugly, mean, and aggressive! I think he's going to get a little dirty, elbows, frustrating clinches, lowblows, headbutts, and his greatest weapon; His skillset! Kov is so used to being this dangerous man! Ward is going to rough him up something nasty I think!

I dont know how Kov can deal with being on the other end of a violent-type fight! Like what if someone is coming to him in spots, and he cant land on this person. This person is aggressive, hard to hit, and roughing him up, frustrating him in different ways! How will Kov deal with being the one thats on the other end of the aggression he normally puts out onto others?

Ward got hit by a headbutt and cut open! I dont think Ward expected that! I think he just wanted to go in their and be the best Ward! A smart dirty fighter, rarely gets cut by headbutts! You lean your head down when you go in, and you lean your head back when they do it to you! I think rough, nasty tactics will be apart of his gameplan for Kov, and he will come out with maybe some bruising from Punches, but no cuts from headbutts!

I honestly think that the fight may consist of Kov trying to get one good solid power punch on Ward, while taking a violent Vintage-Ward whipping in the process!

As I said prior, Kov couldnt hurt Popkins, and Ward is the best of the best. Tough as nails! Ward is going to basically try to batter him, and Kov has to withstand allot of punishment, while hoping he can land some shots here and their like Barrerra did! Like Ward is going to be mean to this man, and any time Kov sits back too long, Ward is going to spoil in a mean way.

Those small veteran tactics will separate them when it counts the most!

But Ward will be better by the time they fight! And Kov gets hit all the time! With all this said, Im still not going to give a flatout prediction until Ward and Kov's next fight!

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    But I seen how Kov couldnt really hurt Popkins who is a grandad!
    Kovalev fans; "He's a killer, a beast, he enjoys hurting people!"
    "He carried Hopkins doe. Didn't KO him because he was being a nice guy."

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      And it goes beyond that! Its just Ward's style and aggression may be a huge problem for this man! He HAS to be better skillwise. If he isnt, then he will have to be punished, while hoping he can land little power shots here and their like Barrera!

Either he outboxes and dominates, or its the latter for Kov which will make the night long!

Comment

And it goes beyond that! Its just Ward's style and aggression may be a huge problem for this man! He HAS to be better skillwise. If he isnt, then he will have to be punished, while hoping he can land little power shots here and their like Barrera!

Either he outboxes and dominates, or its the latter for Kov which will make the night long!
        The reason people have such a hard time backing Ward, and always have, is that they don't understand what his style is and have a hard time running the fight through their heads.
        -He is incredibly hard to hit, but is too assertive to be called a defensive fighter.
        -He bullies and grapples a lot, but is not a pressure fighter.
        -He always uses the same moves and stance but is not predictable.
        -He's not a power puncher, but he's physically stronger than most of the guys he faces.

There isn't ONE aspect that sticks out so the paper/rock/scissors game people try to do with defense/power/endurance just doesn't work here.
        Just looking at numbers alone, Kovalev isn't particularly hard to hit, and his connect rate isn't stunning given his competition. The power is the primary factor but if Ward fights conservatively, that power is going have an incredibly hard time landing clean and we're going to see a Canelo/Mayweather where everyone calls it a toss-up, then looks back and says, "Oh yea, I should have figured that would happen."

Comment

The reason people have such a hard time backing Ward, and always have, is that they don't understand what his style is and have a hard time running the fight through their heads.
          -He is incredibly hard to hit, but is too assertive to be called a defensive fighter.
          -He's not a power puncher, but he's physically stronger than most of the guys he faces.

There isn't ONE aspect that sticks out so the paper/rock/scissors game people try to do with defense/power/endurance just doesn't work here.
          Just looking at numbers alone, Kovalev isn't particularly hard to hit, and his connect rate isn't stunning given his competition. The power is the primary factor but if Ward fights conservatively, that power is going have an incredibly hard time landing clean and we're going to see a Canelo/Mayweather where everyone calls it a toss-up, then looks back and says, "Oh yea, I should have figured that would happen."
          And Floyd actually walked Canelo down! I think Ward is going to do that in certain spots, and when he does it, he is going to be very ugly to this guy!

Comment

By the way, Im very much impressed by ya comment! I thought you were going to get into a "Ward fans vs Kov fans" type of thing! You really came and caught me by surprise by this comment! Had to read it over a few times!

Comment

Hilarious. Hopkins was so handcuffed because he was afraid to get hit and hurt like he did in the 2nd or 3rd round. After that he it looked like his only goal was to survive the fight without getting KO'd. In the last round he was more hurt than he's ever been and he was taken a beating.

Comment

Ward has to handcuff him on the inside like he did to the paper one Froch. The question is can he do it as Kov is a much much better fighter p4p than Froch ever was.

Comment

And Floyd actually walked Canelo down! I think Ward is going to do that in certain spots, and when he does it, he is going to be very ugly to this guy!
                  And, Ward walked down Froch. If that fight never took place and you told people you think Andre would have backed up Carl, bullied him, and beat him with one good hand, they would tell you to GTFO.

By the way, Im very much impressed by ya comment! I thought you were going to get into a "Ward fans vs Kov fans" type of thing! You really came and caught me by surprise by this comment! Had to read it over a few times!
                  Thx, I really don't get into bias much and just like the art and science of the sport. I didn't even like Ward for a while but when he embarrassed Carl, I had to get my head out of my ass and recognize his talent. He's like Floyd in that he's one of those guys where, like him or not, watching him educates you about the science.

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                  Hilarious. Hopkins was so handcuffed because he was afraid to get hit and hurt like he did in the 2nd or 3rd round. After that he it looked like his only goal was to survive the fight without getting KO'd. In the last round he was more hurt than he's ever been and he was taken a beating.
                  Yea. It's hard to hurt a guy who is doing that. What really threw me in that fight was the size difference. I had no idea Kovalev would be that much bigger. Hopkins was getting by with mugging guys (pot shot>hold) in fights that no one watched and when everyone saw him again, it was as if he got old overnight. Really, he just ran up against another big, talented guy, like he did in Dawson. Kovalev did hand out a beating of B-Hop's life though.

Comment

And, Ward walked down Froch. If that fight never took place and you told people you think Andre would have backed up Carl, bullied him, and beat him with one good hand, they would tell you to GTFO.

Thx, I really don't get into bias much and just like the art and science of the sport. I didn't even like Ward for a while but when he embarrassed Carl, I had to get my head out of my ass and recognize his talent. He's like Floyd in that he's one of those guys where, like him or not, watching him educates you about the science.

Yea. It's hard to hurt a guy who is doing that. What really threw me in that fight was the size difference. I had no idea Kovalev would be that much bigger. Hopkins was getting by with mugging guys (pot shot>hold) in fights that no one watched and when everyone saw him again, it was as if he got old overnight. Really, he just ran up against another big, talented guy, like he did in Dawson. Kovalev did hand out a beating of B-Hop's life though.
                    My first time seeing Ward was the Froch fight, and I wanted him to lose! I hated the whole "Im the perfect, christian person" thing! I didnt think he was fake, I just thought he was a lame and I wanted him to lose!

He won, and my favorite was Dawson! Dawson had a few fights where he was very exciting, and sharp! Like the Ademek fight! I thought Ward was going to be too short and slow against Dawson! Boy he beat df out of that man, and it was shocking!

To see a short slowhanded guy, do that to a tall, slick, fast guy! Thats when I became a fan!

Comment

Working...
                    X