No announcement yet.

Artur Beterbiev vs Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Ward would easily beat Beterbiev. Artur isn't anywhere near ready for that jump in competition. He'd be confused and beaten to the punch every second of every round.
    Artur has plenty of amateur experience, if it wasn't for Usyk he would of gotten Gold.

Artur is not the person you want to clinch, his inside game is ****ing scary. It'd be interesting to see what Ward would do against a fighter like him.

Comment

I have yet to see Ward fight at 175, much less against a real threat. Also Ward wants tune ups, no real contenders until the Kovalev fight.

Plus Berterbiev is with Haymon and Haymon and Rocnation don't play together. Add to that neither fighter is a big seller so I don't think we'll ever see that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KOVALBOXER View Post
        Artur has plenty of amateur experience, if it wasn't for Usyk he would of gotten Gold.

Artur is not the person you want to clinch, his inside game is ****ing scary. It'd be interesting to see what Ward would do against a fighter like him.
        Amateur experience usually means nothing in the pros. Beterbiev plain doesn't look ready for the level of skill Ward presents. I'm not saying he won't get there eventually, but right now he'd be outsmarted and overmatched.

Ward is not just some clincher. Outside of Kessler and Bika, he's never been much of a clincher. He has excellent footwork and movement, excellent counterpunching, and is plain too smart and knows too many tricks for someone with Beterbiev's lack of experience. It would be a long, frustrating night for Artur.

Comment

Amateur experience usually means nothing in the pros. Beterbiev plain doesn't look ready for the level of skill Ward presents. I'm not saying he won't get there eventually, but right now he'd be outsmarted and overmatched.

Ward is not just some clincher. Outside of Kessler and Bika, he's never been much of a clincher. He has excellent footwork and movement, excellent counterpunching, and is plain too smart and knows too many tricks for someone with Beterbiev's lack of experience. It would be a long, frustrating night for Artur.
          True, I can picture Ward using his speed to his advantage. But again, Beterbiev is not some journeyman. He has seen all kinds of styles in the amateurs. Plus, his power is not from this world, have you seen his inside fighting? He'd be the last guy I'd clinch in that division lol. Next to Kovalev

Comment

Beterbiev EASY!
            EASY MONEY LOL

Comment

I think Beterbiev gots that power that can put anyone to sleep. If he hits Ward I think Ward goes to sleep. Ward is smart enough to avoid it for awhile, but I don't think he's KOing Beterbiev (although his chin is untested & he has been down, although it seemed more lack a lapse in focus than a got hurt situation) & he'll have to not get touched good for the full 36mins to win that fight.

Comment

I think Ward pulls it off, just a bad matchup atm.

Ward's constant movement and jab would give Beterbiev a lot of trouble, fight could really go either way though. Don't know if Beterbiev has the foot speed, he's a bit of a plodder

Beterbiev is probably the most dangerous puncher in boxing, ambidextrous with equal power in each hand, the KO power he generates in his short punches is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  I think Ward pulls it off, just a bad matchup atm.

Ward's constant movement and jab would give Beterbiev a lot of trouble, fight could really go either way though. Don't know if Beterbiev has the foot speed, he's a bit of a plodder

Beterbiev is probably the most dangerous puncher in boxing, ambidextrous with equal power in each hand, the KO power he generates in his short punches is ridiculous.
                  If 1 flush hit from Beterbiev lands on Ward, it might be lights outs

Comment

Ward would easily beat Beterbiev. Artur isn't anywhere near ready for that jump in competition. He'd be confused and beaten to the punch every second of every round.
                    This isn't wash Up Kessler or Wild man Froch or little Arthur Abraham

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      This isn't wash Up Kessler or Wild man Froch or little Arthur Abraham
                      Crazy thing is those are all Wards best wins, and i think Beterbiev would have KO'd all of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X