Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glovokin, why does he hit so hard? He's not that heavy or fast?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG has a huge back as well, and that's where a lot of punching power comes from the shoulder and upper back muscles. Not to mention the bones of his hands are made of iron helps too.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid
      Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

He has good punching technique and on top of that he seems very heavy handed. So that might be it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Heavy handed how? Does he put some lead in his gloves?

Heavy handed!? Hes not heavy!

Yet he has heavy hands!

Non sequitur!

IMAGE#1
      Lol... I don't even...

How about just settle with, he has good punching technique?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
        Ive always wondered why some guys are slow, light in weight, and yet still hit freakin hard.

You expect a hard hitter to be explosive like Roy Jones Jr or Heavy like Foreman, or a combination of both like Mike Tyson.

You dont expect a slow light guy to hit hard.

Power = speed squared x mass or something like that.

Your theories please.....
        Power = Work / Time

I think you are thinking of E = m X (c^2) or
        energy = mass X speed of light squared.

I don't know what to say about you're theories, some hit hard and some don't. I don't think Golovkin hits that hard, by the way. I think its more of how they are built, genetics. Valero, Matthyse, Maidana, Golovkin; Let's try to find some common physical features between these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          some people simple just have heavy hands
          Your Mayweather-Pacquiao GIF...keep dreaming, no offense.

Comment

Some boxers are more adept at generating and channeling body energy into punches. Technique teaches boxers to improve form and maximize that potential, but the potential itself is actually a natural gift. It can't be taught, otherwise Mayweather would probably be a harder hitter than Pacquiao. The same goes for speed--some athletes can run 100 meters in 10 seconds and others never will.

It's not about weight, height, reach or any other physical measurements. Don't judge a fighter based on their looks. You can detect a puncher by the effect he has on a heavy bag or the effect he has on sparring partners.

Comment

He is a lean middleweight. He uses that to generate torque. Also interesting to note how much he measures. Most guys find themselves at the end of his range of his punches with the most power..

Comment

It's his ability to set up his punches and combinations and LOTS of heavy bag work and pull ups.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
                  Power = Work / Time

I think you are thinking of E = m X (c^2) or
                  energy = mass X speed of light squared.

I don't know what to say about you're theories, some hit hard and some don't. I don't think Golovkin hits that hard, by the way. I think its more of how they are built, genetics. Valero, Matthyse, Maidana, Golovkin; Let's try to find some common physical features between these guys.
                  One thing that jumps out at me is NONE of them are particularly muscular lol

Comment

Have you seen the way he punches? Great technique, and he knows how to open his opponent up and still his hands seem pretty heavy. Taking his punches while blocking must feel thunderous.

Comment

Erik Morales was the same way.

Comment

Working...
                      X