Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not into Euro boxing. Am I wrong for that?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F!x View Post
    Pacquiao actually had much more of a "European" style when he was coming up. He's developed into a much more rounded fighter but he still arguably has a more European style than an American style - although it could be argued he now has a style all of his own. But are you saying you didn't like Pacquiao's style when he was coming up in the game??
    lol this post is complete bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Define "Euro boxing."
      Boxing in Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        lol this post is complete bullshit.
        I mean in the sense that he's more about offense rather than defense. But it depends how you interpret "Euro boxing". To me it means more concerned with offense rather than defense, sort of similar to the Mexican style.

Take the more memorabe European clashes over the years - Benn vs Eubank, Froch vs Kessler, Haye vs Chisora.. they were more about offense and causing as much damage as possible. Pacquiao was all about being in wars for much of his career.

But if you boil down to punch selection, movement, technique etc.. Well Pacquiao has always had his own unique style in that sense..

Comment

and I don't like all the ropes being white

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
            You probably just hate the accents since I'm sure you watch the streams. And I don't know how you can't, these Euros put on great shows and are tough men.

A lot of what American fighters lack is the toughman show, the worse part about American fighters is when they truly believe in their ring finesse when in actuality they stink up the place when they don't have P4P skills.
            Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              All the good ones are from East Europe like the Klitchko's, GGG, Kovalev, Prov

The fighters in the UK suck now except for Froch and Fury
              Froch & Fury???? you are hilarious lool thanks for that laugh.

Comment

Can't be a real fan of the sport if all you like/watch is American boxing. I love watching Boxing from all around the world due to the difference of styles and match-up's.

Comment

The expression "Euro boxing" is vague and of little relevance...
                  There are some (more or less) definite "boxing schools" in Europe -- such as the British school, the Russian school or the German school...
                  One doesn't have to like them, but one should at least try to "understand" them...

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                    I haven't watched a Klistchko fight in the longest time.

GGG is my guy.

Even with Kovalev, I hear about him 24/7 on this site, but I still can't muster up the energy to care.
                    Damn. That's crazy, if you like Golovkin you should like Kovalev. Not that they fight the same, but so much of what is likeable about GGG applies to Kovalev.

Euros also know how to create an atmosphere that isn't really comparable here in the States, even if the fight itself sucks.

Comment

I can't imagine not caring at all about European boxing. There are so many good and exciting fighters right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X