No announcement yet.

Honestly is Martinez even worth 20 percent of PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Floyd Mayweather has accomplished more in life than YOU ever will.
    nope, I made it through life never once beating a female.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post

Because Floyd has fights at the weight classes he regularly fights in yet everyone wants to see him fight some who doesnt fight in those weights.

Martinez has a million options at his weight and doesnt go for them. If martinez is so great why does he need to come down?

Would Floyd challenging the top dog of 140 be considered ok?

The double standard is in top form.
      Like I said, concerning Martinez/Floyd, the only time the weight is an issue, is to Floyd & his fans. Martinez is willing to fight him at 154. So therefore the weight is not an issue. That has nothing to do with Ward. No matter how you try it simply doesn't.

You're in essence comparing a weightclass Martinez has never been to a weight class Floyd is in fact a 2 time champion.
      Last edited by Bushbaby; 01-13-2013, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Floyd Mayweather has accomplished more in life than YOU ever will.
        David Haye has accomplished more in life than you ever will.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Like I said, concerning Martinez/Floyd, the only time the weight is an issue, is to Floyd & his fans. Martinez is willing to fight him at 154. So therefore the weight is not an issue. That has nothing to do with Ward. No matter how you try it simply doesn't.

You're in essence comparing a weightclass Martinez has never been to a weight class Floyd is in fact a 2 time champion.
          Your response is vague. Be more clear. If its ok for Martinez to come down to 154 or 150 is it ok for Floyd to fight someone thats 140?

Floyd is fighting top 3 ww next in guerrero

Sergio is fighting who again next?

Comment

Your response is vague. Be more clear. If its ok for Martinez to come down to 154 or 150 is it ok for Floyd to fight someone thats 140?

Floyd is fighting top 3 ww next in guerrero

Sergio is fighting who again next?
            Martinez is fighting Murray. But to be very clear, I am an avid supporter of Ghost/Floyd. There's no need to attempt to draw a negative comment about that fight from me.

My response isn't vague, it's pretty straight forward. Floyd/Martinez at 154 is an easy fight to make. If Floyd could go down to 140, then sure he could fight there. But since he cheated on the scales at 144, I suspect he can't. But again, no matter how you try to twist it, 154 is not an issue to Martinez & Floyd is a two time 54lb champ, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
              David Haye has accomplished more in life than you ever will.
              I'm not a pathological liar like Haye. I wouldn't bet on a round 3 KO and fix a fight like Haye did. I don't cheat on my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Martinez is fighting Murray. But to be very clear, I am an avid supporter of Ghost/Floyd. There's no need to attempt to draw a negative comment about that fight from me.

My response isn't vague, it's pretty straight forward. Floyd/Martinez at 154 is an easy fight to make. If Floyd could go down to 140, then sure he could fight there. But since he cheated on the scales at 144, I suspect he can't. But again, no matter how you try to twist it, 154 is not an issue to Martinez & Floyd is a two time 54lb champ, period.
                Ok and my point is Martinez doesnt fight at 154 not even mentioning him saying hed meet him at 150. Why doesnt he take a fight at 154 to prove he could make it down there now. How do we know that if Floyd agreed that Martinez would come in at at weight?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  Chavez was mostly for the pay-check, but I think Mayweather is more for the legacy. Sergio knows that his name will ring bells if he beats Floyd. Who doesn't want to beat the guy on the throne??

If Martinez only wants Floyd for the paycheck, can't that be said for EVERY other potential opponent as well?
                  Get real bruh. Martinez isn't an idiot he wants the money. His name aint ringing no bells at 150 pounds or 154 pounds. Its a cash grab.

Comment

Also I just realized I never answered my own question thread wise. Yes I think hes worth 20 percent of ppv in my eyes on skills alone, but I still dont think floyd should give him 20 I think hes needs another ppv under his belt.

Comment

Ok and my point is Martinez doesnt fight at 154 not even mentioning him saying hed meet him at 150. Why doesnt he take a fight at 154 to prove he could make it down there now. How do we know that if Floyd agreed that Martinez would come in at at weight?
                      I don't agree with 150, he just threw that out there for attention. But I'm certain Floyd would take 150 & run with it & Martinez would come zombified & get beaten down. But 154 is a make able weight & boxing fans should be all for it imo.

I personally wouldn't "take" a fight at 154 because that still does not guarantee a Floyd fight. The move could be worthless. Just take a gamble & go down?? The wbc has dealt inappropriate with him already. What's not to say the move causes him his title & then Floyd turns him down anyway??

Comment

Working...
                      X