Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• much props to floyd, cotto, and DIAZ!!! i think diaz's plan was to have Cotto start off strong and aggressive then switch up and start to box to conserve energy.Which seemed like a pretty good plan to make floyd think in there. And it worked, it made floyd THINK and nobody (outside of hopkins) out thinks floyd in the ring. Cotto changed his whole style in the fight and floyd countered it with two moves: An overhand right (instead of str8 right) and a left uppercut. For all the ass kissing, the announcers where actually right about that one. I dont think 154 is a good weight for floyd. yea, he's tryna please the fans and all that, but he took more (glancing) blows than i've seen him take in a while. Floyd had Cotto done in the 12th and could have gotten the stoppage like pac did.

(on a side note, why da hell did cotto pull a forrest griffin and run out the damn ring? very unprofessional. makes me think floyd hurt him mentally more than anything)

Comment

• 8-4 Floyd. Majority of the rounds were close so by no means was it a easy fight for Floyd. Props to Cotto for giving him his toughest fight in years and props to Floyd for fighting back.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
        The results tonight just showed why FIGHTS HAVE TO BE FOUGHT IN THE RING. NOT ON PAPER.

What happened tonight bodes well for pac's chances against floyd.

Floyd can be got with the straight left (his weakness) and a well timed right hook to the body. That whole right side is wide open whenever floyd goes to the shoulder roll.

Zab Judah, Demarcus Corley, and now miguel Cotto put hands on floyd using the straight left.

& with floyd's ever increasing propensity to go to the ropes, pac's chances to beat floyd has grown immensely tonight.
        Yea and yet they all Lost when he changed up and adapted,you think he will just sit there and not do a thing.FLoyd got one of the best minds defensively in the game since whitaker..He adjusted in all those fights and did his thing

Comment

• I know one thing. Floyd ain't beating Sergio Martinez at 154 and especially 160. Cotto landed on Floyd I know for sure Martinez would put Floyd on the canvas. Fight won't happen. Floyd goes back to 147.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Pac will be so easy , Floyd will toy with him , the strength and skills will leave Pac not knowing what to do .
            I agree, Cotto is a much tougher fight for Floyd than Pacquiao will ever be, it's the style of Cotto and the weight didn't help, floyd was a bit sluggish at the weight like he was in the DLH fight he's clearly grew into a full fledged WW over the years but he should stay away from 154 and not even consider 160 atp..

Comment

• Much respect to Cotto for fighting with so much heart. He fought a very tactical fight, very smart on hes part, Hes trainer has really be teaching him well. Cotto you fought like a true warrior, and a great champ at that. Much respect to the boricua.

It was a great night for boxing, very happy the way Canelo look in hes fight with Mosley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slick561 View Post
                lmao the advantage Marquez is a slower version of Floyd and pac was getting tagged easily,get of the high horse pac is not beating Floyd
                funny... i didn't see Floyd stepping on Miguel's foot at all! i was laughing my ass off wen Cotto tried to bodyslam May.

Comment

• the *****s revisionist history is hilarious

when manny fought cotto he was a washed up hack who had zero head movement and could get hit by any punch
                  also glass jaw

but at 154 (against FMJ)
                  he has excellent adaptive skills, evasive, solid punches
                  iron chin, excellent cardio

hmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    I had it 118-110. I gave Cotto rounds 6 and 8. Floyd won the early rounds easily, they split the middle rounds, and Floyd won the late rounds.

I don't see why people are saying Floyd slowed down. His hands were still fast as hell, he used his legs the same as he had in the Mosley and Ortiz fights, he was just pressured by a big fighter, and more effectively than Ortiz did. It was Cotto's best to win, pressure the hell out of him and don't let him get off. He pressured him, but Floyd still out landed him and hit him just as much off the ropes.

Floyd won a wide UD, what I thought.
                    I had it 118-110 aswell. Gave Cotto round 6 and 8.

Saw flashes of a 130 Mayweather tonight. Thought it was great. I'm re watching it right now

Credit to weeks for letting them fight and Mayweather didn't back down, he gave it right back.

Only time Cotto had success was when they stood and fought.

Comment

• Mayweather just giving hope to this haters on cinco de mayo- but came up short, and make the pacquiao fight intersting after JMM whooped his a$$!

Comment

Working...
                      X