• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an old man thats 0-2 in his last 2 is hardly worth 350k

He has 0 drawing power and does NOTHING for bute

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
      Fanbase very simple. Are you telling me Johnson brings more to the table than Pavlik?
      Don't tell me a generic "fanbase". I'm asking you how Pavlik brings MONEY to the table vs Bute.

Please answer the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
        an old man thats 0-2 in his last 2 is hardly worth 350k

He has 0 drawing power and does NOTHING for bute
        Kelly Pavlik has won ZERO significant fights in three years.

Quick - name the guys he has beaten....don't check boxrec.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          Don't tell me a generic "fanbase". I'm asking you how Pavlik brings MONEY to the table vs Bute.

Please answer the question.
          Larger fanbase equals more money. Pavlik is more well known and clearly is more of a draw than Johnson. So a larger fanbase doesnt equal more money? Please answer the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
            Kelly Pavlik has won ZERO significant fights in three years.

Quick - name the guys he has beaten....don't check boxrec.
            It doesnt matter casuals still know who he is and he can sell tickets. It does not matter how good he is or if he is a tougher challenge than Johson.

Comment

Pavlik is still a name though, and he actually won his last fight.

Pavlik vs bute would be a ticket seller

Nobody knows or cares about johnson. The guy made a career off a lucky punch on a fading roy jones jr.

Comment

Not to mention Pavlik would have Top Rank behind him who have more resources to promote the fight.

Comment

Johnson does nothing for bute anyways, people just want to see bute get "exposed". Bute would wipe the floor with johnson then people would say so what he's an old man.

Comment

It doesnt matter casuals still know who he is and he can sell tickets. It does not matter how good he is or if he is a tougher challenge than Johson.
                    OK. Bingo.

Now you are answering the question. And that is how I wanted to lure you in with your chin up.

Are you telling me that Pavlik's fanbase is going to drive up to Montreal to buy tickets watch him fight?

Why would Bute need Kelly's (rapidly dwindling) fanbase when Lucian has been packing the house by fighting nobodies? LB sells out when he fights Andrade and Magee, ferchrissakes. See what I mean?

You can't just spout out "fanbase" like an idiot. You need to think in a flowchart fashion and follow the money trail. And for Kelly, there is none. His "fanbase" will be spending zero dollars on the fight. Zero.

Comment

Not to mention Pavlik would have Top Rank behind him who have more resources to promote the fight.
                      Jeezuss. Learn the business.
                      • Bute sells out Bell Center anyway.
                      • The fight is regular cable, not ppv.
                      • Sponsors? LB already has those

Where is all this excess money coming from? .

Comment

Working...
                      X