Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pacquiao Fights Berto, He Will Be Actually Facing A Unbeaten PRIME Fighter.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. Shame Berto is not on Manny's level and is simply not very good. And to anyone saying Berto is remotly slick, please cut it out.

Comment

Originally posted by >BoxingJ< View Post
      Margarito, De La Hoya, Hatton & Cotto were all past there best by some margin. Berto is 26-0 and is in his prime.

Say what you want about Berto, but I do wanna see Pacquiao fight prime fighters such as Berto, Williams, Martinez.

And if he fights Berto he will be fighting a unbeaten world champion in his prime, which can't be said for his last few opponets.
      Berto is unimpressive.

Comment

He may not be any good,but he's a champion,unifying is always good & this fight would be regarded as more legit than Saturdays,IMO!!

Comment

id have no problems with this fight at all

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            He'll also be facing a ***** fighter

very true

Maybe he can fight Berto on the undercard for his main event fight.

Comment

Originally posted by >BoxingJ< View Post
              Margarito, De La Hoya, Hatton & Cotto were all past there best by some margin. Berto is 26-0 and is in his prime.

Say what you want about Berto, but I do wanna see Pacquiao fight prime fighters such as Berto, Williams, Martinez.

And if he fights Berto he will be fighting a unbeaten world champion in his prime, which can't be said for his last few opponets.
              1. Berto's prime isn't really close to the others past prime. Berto may be in his prime but I would venture to say that the versions of fighters Manny faced would beat Berto with the exception of maybe Hatton because he would have to come up to face Berto

2. Martinez is not at prime he has been past it for a minute but his skillset is now more of the focal point for him.

you sound like the new fan who solely focuses on the 0 rather than what the fighter brings. Berto brings a shaky chin, stamina issues, and a rather light punch in addition to his "0"

Manny would gut this kid

Comment

U guys r the only ones saying that though...

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                  1. Berto's prime isn't really close to the others past prime. Berto may be in his prime but I would venture to say that the versions of fighters Manny faced would beat Berto with the exception of maybe Hatton because he would have to come up to face Berto

2. Martinez is not at prime he has been past it for a minute but his skillset is now more of the focal point for him.

you sound like the new fan who solely focuses on the 0 rather than what the fighter brings. Berto brings a shaky chin, stamina issues, and a rather light punch in addition to his "0"

Manny would gut this kid
                  Exactly....

Comment

Prime fighter? Berto is still Green as a frog. He hasn't stepped up in comp. He looks like a polished A level fighter because he has fought B and C comp. The best fighter he fought was Luis Collazo, and Berto was life and death in that scrap. I gave that fight to Collazo by one point. That said, Berto is way more gifted than Collazo and yes Collazo is a south paw but Berto looked terrible against a veteran guy who knows what he's doing.

Pacquiao eats him alive and most likely KO's the crap outta him.

You want to fight an ELITE AMERICAN FIGHTER IN HIS PRIME? Then fight P-Will. Mosely is elite (of course) but he is on the downside now. P-Will might not bring the bank or familiar name, but a victory against the Punisher finally cements Pac as an all time great without needing a win over PBF to get those accolades. On second thought he still needs PBF....but I digress, beating P Will goes a long way in cementing his legacy.
                    Last edited by MikeRo1972; 11-18-2010, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
                      Prime fighter? Berto is still Green as a frog. He hasn't stepped up in comp. He looks like a polished A level fighter because he has fought B and C comp. The best fighter he fought was Luis Collazo, and Berto was life and death in that scrap. I gave that fight to Collazo by one point. That said, Berto is way more gifted than Collazo and yes Collazo is a south paw but Berto looked terrible against a veteran guy who knows what he's doing.

Pacquiao eats him alive and most likely KO's the crap outta him.

You want to fight an ELITE AMERICAN FIGHTER IN HIS PRIME? Then fight P-Will. Mosely is elite (of course) but he is on the downside now. P-Will might not bring the bank or familiar name, but a victory against the Punisher finally cements Pac as an all time great without needing a win over PBF to get those accolades. On second thought he still needs PBF....but I digress, beating P Will goes a long way in cementing his legacy.
                      Especially if he beats Sergio Saturday, even if it is at WW and the MW title isn't at stake he will have a win over the real MW champion if he was a to beat PWill pending a Sergio win.

Comment

Working...
                      X