Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This whole being MENTALLY SCARRED after a LOSS IS BS!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peek_A_Boo View Post
    People always right now say cotto ain't the same fighter after margarito and blah blah blah.

You people cannot POSSIBY KNOW how cotto is thinking. Back when boxing was POPULAR champions LOST MANY TIMES and were not mentally scarred then so why shoul today be any different?????

Boxing is a job, if your boss yells at you one day what you get mentally scarred????? Same **** here big woop he got beat up it's anew day!!!!!!!!!
    When your opponent takes you to the trenches you will get problems.Also the more shots you take to the head the less powerful you become.Scientific evidence has shown damage to boxers and this also makes them less resistant to punches.Check all these fighters like Mike Tyson.Once he got beaten his shots were not as hurtful anymore.He beat his opponents a lot,was still as fast but wasnt as effective.His nerves had already been affected which is why it's always gonna be difficult for the likes of Judah and if Ricky Hatton comes back he'l be knocked out again.

Cotto's definitely not the same anymore.I dont know about old fighters or whether nutrition could be one of the reasons.Those guys used to fight more times as well so there ought ti be a reason why they had resistance

Comment

Just like anything else, I think that it depends upon the mental fortitude of the fighter. Khan seems to have recovered nicely. Hell, Barrera's had more than a couple throughout his career, and was able to recover.Fighters like Hatton, Lacy, Taylor weren't able to get past it at all. Kelly Pavlik remains to be seen, but if his performance is anything to go from, I think this time off could do him more good than he thinks. I'm routing for him, though. In some cases, a loss makes a fighter better (I expect Froch to improve considerably once he gets beaten for the first time). Eubank wasn't the same after Collins either (Mind you, he wasn't the same after Watson II either). As I said, it depends on a figher's mental fortitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam The Hollow View Post
        you best believe your never the same after a loss, you'll lose confidence in yourself and most of the time wont be as determined, esspecially if you were on top of the game and thought highly of yourself, believing your own hype having supreme confidence, getting beat will **** you up
        Cotto should still have that confidence though unless he believes Margarito did not cheat to beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Peek_A_Boo View Post
          People always right now say cotto ain't the same fighter after margarito and blah blah blah.

You people cannot POSSIBY KNOW how cotto is thinking. Back when boxing was POPULAR champions LOST MANY TIMES and were not mentally scarred then so why shoul today be any different?????

Boxing is a job, if your boss yells at you one day what you get mentally scarred????? Same **** here big woop he got beat up it's anew day!!!!!!!!!

Well....depends on which fighter you look at.

John Ruiz used to be an exciting fighter until he got decapitated by David Tua. Since that fight, he became a punch and clinch fighter.

Comment

i dont believe when you lose a fight you lose your confident. maybe for some fighters but not for a world class fighter like Cotto. Clottey was not an easy opponent. you guys were talking like CLottey was not a good boxer. He beat a very good welterweight fighter who look bigger and stronger than him. if Cotto wanted to look good he would have fought JMM in a 144 lbs and destroy him. i think he is alright.

Comment

Clottey won that fight. But Cotto looked like crap either way. Blame the cut if you want, but Cotto looked like crap and a wounded duck in the late rounds. Clotteys an idiot for not letting his hands go

Comment

Cotto is mentally scarred after the Margarito beatdown.

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                  Clottey won that fight. But Cotto looked like crap either way. Blame the cut if you want, but Cotto looked like crap and a wounded duck in the late rounds. Clotteys an idiot for not letting his hands go
                  wounded duck? those late rounds are why Cotto was given the win

Comment

Working...
                  X