another epic fail thread

Comment

Originally posted by JM1 View Post
        another epic fail thread
        How is it a fail???

You just put up <-- as some form of victory

Comment

:| ......................

Or maybe the fights between these four were generally so competetive and controversial at times because they're all so great rather than because they're all so ****???

The OP is a mess, you attack Hagler for losing to Leonard and then attack Leonard for stealing the fight and decieving the judges...

Comment

Simply... I disagree

Comment

Originally posted by King Flawless View Post
              Nothing special about the FAB FOUR, Controversy is what made them great.

The FAB 4 era is not greater than any other era. People overrate their boxing skills and their fights. Most fights were either one sided and eventless. All of these 4 fighters had flaws and would have been exposed by many other fighters in different eras

Hagler
              People call Hagler the greatest MW of all time, how so. Do people ignore the fact Hagler best wins are over much smaller men? He could not KO Duran who is much smaller than Hagler. He lost to Leonard a fighter who started at 147. That is shameful. I know many of you know the JMM-PBF fight is happening soon. If Floyd lost to JMM, he will be clowned on and people wouldn’t rate him as an ATG.But yet Hagler gets praised for going the full distance with Duran and losing to Leonard.

Are you guys aware Hagler has 2 losses and 2 draws early in his career. No one ever mentions these losses, if Hagler is a GREAT MW, he shouldn’t be losing to bums or drawing with them. Hagler was also afraid to move up. He knew his skills wouldn’t been able to compensate for his size disadvantage, hence why he stayed at 160 and waited for WW to come up.

What makes Hagler great: Simply, that he changed his name to Marvelous Marvin Hagler. This short war with chinny WW hearns. Also his controversial lost to a WW named Leonard.

Again nothing great about Hagler, his boxing skills are decent but it was the controversy surrdooning him at the time that made him great

Thomas Hearns

Easily one of the most overrated clown in boxing history. What type of ATG is KO’d 4 times. I can tell you for a fact that he would last in the ring with Mosley,Tito and Paul Williams. These guys are would all have Hearns out of there by round 5.

He was KO’d by Barkley. Barkley was KO’d by Robbies Sims for **** sake. Lost to 3 bums by points decision. Barkley also is overrated, yet he was able to KO hearns. Barkley would be classified as a can in today standards, and yes his early losses should been held against him

What makes Herans great: His KO win over small man Duran. His build fight with Hagler and his antics.

Roberto “No Mas” Duran

Some people have the audacity to call Duran skillfu. Duran is nothing more than a product of Hispanic pride, they use to him to help cover their insecurities. Duran is just a level above Hatton/Margarito skill wise. His was flat footed,heartless and one dimensional. They claim Duran was prime ay 135, a division where he lost to a bum with an inflated record. Most fans of Duran(Hispanics) claim Duran was past it when he was at 147, when he started to fight Americans. Yet Floyd is still considered prime at 154

The amount of losses Duran has accumulated is ridiculous. There should been an overhaul of ATG criteria. Duran shouldn’t been considered as an ATG, he has one lucky win over Leonard who had fought a stupid fight. One of Duran’s best win is over Barkley, the man who was KO’D and UD by bums. If people claim Duran greatness because of his wins after 147, then his losses should also be held against him.

Duran has losses to unknown fighters such as Laing Sims Lawlor and many others. It would take me a year to write down Duran losses. What I find most distributing is that he is ranked the highest among the so called fab four, when he has losses to all of them and one win. Again nothing special about Duran.

Duran would not be able to beat Floyd,Mosley,Whitaker at 135, and would have been KO’D by Williams,Winky at 160.
              What makes Duran special: The No Mas incident. This is what Duran is remembered for and always will be. This is Duran stake for ATGness. Quitting has somehow made Duran greater. This lifestyle outside of boxing has also added to the Hispanic hype machine. Duran after Marciano the most overrated boxer of all time.

Sugar “LW owned “ Leonard
              Even as an African American, I can say Leonard is also the product of African American hyping machine. For some own reason the AA community has fallen in love with this fraudster. Put a red nose on Leonard and he becomes a clown.
              Hagler/Leonard = Oscar/Pernell. Both Oscar and Leonard stole the fight, they didn’t win. They threw flurries at the end of each round to deception the judges and it worked. They also were big draws at the time, so they knew they were also going to get the decision.
              Leonard also waited for Hagler to get old until he rematched him. There was signs he was declining, hence why Leonard took the opportunity to fight him. Again, he lost to Herans in the rematch. He beat Duran when he was unprepared. What kind of so called great WW has to get a LW untrained to beat him? Leonard also was beaten UP by a LW. That is shameful. I would not consider PBF if he loses to JMM. Leonard was beaten out of boxing by two skillless guys.

Leonard is also another overrate Fab Four clown.

What makes Leonard great: His quick rematch with Duran. His robbery against Hearns. Telling Hagler fight will not happen in front of his face. And finally his so “win” over Hagler

Overall

Ther Fab four was NOT a great era, just an era fill of weird events which painted a picture of their so called greatness. You can’t say this era is better than the last WW era or the current one. You can’t say this era is better than Pac/Morales/MAB AND JMM era. I don’t think Duran would beat any top LW. I don’t think Herans could hang with the current MW right now. I think Hopkins would school Hagler and make him stupider than Tito. Leonard is the only one who I consider so what talented.

Fab Four is another boxing myth created by certain individuals trying to make Duran greater than he is and trying to have an Hispanic in boxing top 10 ATG
              Are u serious? Get of this forum,these four are some of the most talented guys you will EVER see in boxing,your an idiot,this is one of the worst threads ive seen

Comment

i thinnk hagler is overrated but not the others. i dont think hes best middleweight of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by King Flawless View Post
                  Nothing special about the FAB FOUR, Controversy is what made them great.

The FAB 4 era is not greater than any other era. People overrate their boxing skills and their fights. Most fights were either one sided and eventless. All of these 4 fighters had flaws and would have been exposed by many other fighters in different eras

Hagler
                  People call Hagler the greatest MW of all time, how so. Do people ignore the fact Hagler best wins are over much smaller men? He could not KO Duran who is much smaller than Hagler. He lost to Leonard a fighter who started at 147. That is shameful. I know many of you know the JMM-PBF fight is happening soon. If Floyd lost to JMM, he will be clowned on and people wouldn’t rate him as an ATG.But yet Hagler gets praised for going the full distance with Duran and losing to Leonard.

Are you guys aware Hagler has 2 losses and 2 draws early in his career. No one ever mentions these losses, if Hagler is a GREAT MW, he shouldn’t be losing to bums or drawing with them. Hagler was also afraid to move up. He knew his skills wouldn’t been able to compensate for his size disadvantage, hence why he stayed at 160 and waited for WW to come up.

What makes Hagler great: Simply, that he changed his name to Marvelous Marvin Hagler. This short war with chinny WW hearns. Also his controversial lost to a WW named Leonard.

Again nothing great about Hagler, his boxing skills are decent but it was the controversy surrdooning him at the time that made him great

Thomas Hearns

Easily one of the most overrated clown in boxing history. What type of ATG is KO’d 4 times. I can tell you for a fact that he would last in the ring with Mosley,Tito and Paul Williams. These guys are would all have Hearns out of there by round 5.

He was KO’d by Barkley. Barkley was KO’d by Robbies Sims for **** sake. Lost to 3 bums by points decision. Barkley also is overrated, yet he was able to KO hearns. Barkley would be classified as a can in today standards, and yes his early losses should been held against him

What makes Herans great: His KO win over small man Duran. His build fight with Hagler and his antics.

Roberto “No Mas” Duran

Some people have the audacity to call Duran skillfu. Duran is nothing more than a product of Hispanic pride, they use to him to help cover their insecurities. Duran is just a level above Hatton/Margarito skill wise. His was flat footed,heartless and one dimensional. They claim Duran was prime ay 135, a division where he lost to a bum with an inflated record. Most fans of Duran(Hispanics) claim Duran was past it when he was at 147, when he started to fight Americans. Yet Floyd is still considered prime at 154

The amount of losses Duran has accumulated is ridiculous. There should been an overhaul of ATG criteria. Duran shouldn’t been considered as an ATG, he has one lucky win over Leonard who had fought a stupid fight. One of Duran’s best win is over Barkley, the man who was KO’D and UD by bums. If people claim Duran greatness because of his wins after 147, then his losses should also be held against him.

Duran has losses to unknown fighters such as Laing Sims Lawlor and many others. It would take me a year to write down Duran losses. What I find most distributing is that he is ranked the highest among the so called fab four, when he has losses to all of them and one win. Again nothing special about Duran.

Duran would not be able to beat Floyd,Mosley,Whitaker at 135, and would have been KO’D by Williams,Winky at 160.
                  What makes Duran special: The No Mas incident. This is what Duran is remembered for and always will be. This is Duran stake for ATGness. Quitting has somehow made Duran greater. This lifestyle outside of boxing has also added to the Hispanic hype machine. Duran after Marciano the most overrated boxer of all time.

Sugar “LW owned “ Leonard
                  Even as an African American, I can say Leonard is also the product of African American hyping machine. For some own reason the AA community has fallen in love with this fraudster. Put a red nose on Leonard and he becomes a clown.
                  Hagler/Leonard = Oscar/Pernell. Both Oscar and Leonard stole the fight, they didn’t win. They threw flurries at the end of each round to deception the judges and it worked. They also were big draws at the time, so they knew they were also going to get the decision.
                  Leonard also waited for Hagler to get old until he rematched him. There was signs he was declining, hence why Leonard took the opportunity to fight him. Again, he lost to Herans in the rematch. He beat Duran when he was unprepared. What kind of so called great WW has to get a LW untrained to beat him? Leonard also was beaten UP by a LW. That is shameful. I would not consider PBF if he loses to JMM. Leonard was beaten out of boxing by two skillless guys.

Leonard is also another overrate Fab Four clown.

What makes Leonard great: His quick rematch with Duran. His robbery against Hearns. Telling Hagler fight will not happen in front of his face. And finally his so “win” over Hagler

Overall

Ther Fab four was NOT a great era, just an era fill of weird events which painted a picture of their so called greatness. You can’t say this era is better than the last WW era or the current one. You can’t say this era is better than Pac/Morales/MAB AND JMM era. I don’t think Duran would beat any top LW. I don’t think Herans could hang with the current MW right now. I think Hopkins would school Hagler and make him stupider than Tito. Leonard is the only one who I consider so what talented.

Fab Four is another boxing myth created by certain individuals trying to make Duran greater than he is and trying to have an Hispanic in boxing top 10 ATG
                  Esteban De Jesus was a good fighter he had skills and duran was 19 when he has that loss.Esteban Would have been remember if he handn't died.

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
                    i thinnk hagler is overrated but not the others. i dont think hes best middleweight of all time.
                    why not? many people thought he was the best middleweight of all time before he even fought Duran or Hearns.

although yea, there are names like Monzon that you could throw out there, which would be legitimate arguments. and I guess Hopkins too, although to be honest his wins at Middleweight(just middleweight) arent the best Ive ever seen.

Comment

Good ****. Although anyone can say a lot of bad about all fighters. You can break down Joe Louis and Ali and make them look like bums.

Comment

Working...
                      X