Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the Referee says "TEN" the fight is OVER!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These stupid ****s who had it a draw gave 6 rounds to Cintron! 6 ROUNDS!? We must not have been watching the same fight because I saw Martinez whoop Kermit's ass for at least 8, one of which was a 10-8 round.

I had it 116-110 for Martinez.
    Last edited by Madvillain; 02-15-2009, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      See this is why I think that reffing (even more so judging) is very subjective. You brought up the rule, but how exactly do you enforce the letter of the law exactly. There are so many interpretation in boxing, so much that is not clear that either way you look at it there is no wrong. So like I said earlier boxing is a world of grey and this situation is definetly not black and white because we both have a line of reasoning that the other can not change, so really if things are unclear the fighter deserves the benefit of the doubt (unless they can not continue or should not continue) to me, or atleast.

To me this is part of the reason boxing is fun because 10 people can watch the same thing and those 10 people may end up drawing very different conclusions.
      That can indeed be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Madvillain View Post
        These stupid ****s who had it a draw gave 6 rounds to Cintron! 6 ROUNDS!? We must not have been watching the same fight because I saw Martinez whoop Kermit's ass for at least 8, one of which was a 10-8 round.

I had it 116-110 for Martinez.
        well no.. actually he could have won only 4 rounds.. and got the draw.. You do understand the 10 point must system.. don't you???

you understand Point deductions for Knock downs .. right??

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          Not according to the keen hawk eye of Max Kellerman, three fucking replays, oh, and the "special super cut in" of that bull****.

I'm still shaking my head over that nonsense.
          max was probably trying to justify the fight continuing so as not to give boxing a black eye or to make hbo look bad.

i give him credit for trying to salvage a bad situation, but it was the wrong call.

Comment

if the ref says ten, the fight is over. this is the only exception I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
              Kellerman is a complete idiot. He even went so far as to say that if he got up before the N in TEN the he beat the count. What a moron!

Comment

no....he got up.....it doesn't matter if he counted to 10....so would if the reff wasn't looking at the fighter and counted to 10, but he was up at 8, would you stop the fight? hell no. stop complaining, he did it to himself, he got a point taken away for being stupid, there is nothing to blame but himself.

Comment

even though i feel cintron lost the fight due to being outboxed and outhustled, i felt the ref did not give him enough time to get up . as he points martinez to his corner he turns toward cintron and begins the count on 5 which i thought wass bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    max was probably trying to justify the fight continuing so as not to give boxing a black eye or to make hbo look bad.

i give him credit for trying to salvage a bad situation, but it was the wrong call.
                    That's exactly what he was trying to do but in doing so he's insulting our intelligence. We know what happened in there last night. Max was trying to sugar coat the situation.

Comment

Video replays in boxing,

its about time it happened.

Last night was a perfect night it would have come into play.

The Crybaby/Martinez joke, and the cuts by "punches" bull**** the refs often get wrong.

Oh, and don't get me started on Kellerman and his mancrush for Williams. That is just atrocious.

Comment

Working...
                      X