Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I Was At Half Priced Books Today...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I Was At Half Priced Books Today...

and i was looking through the boxing books like usual, I always check to see if there were any that I didn't already have and happened upon a book on Aaron Pryor called "Flight of the Hawk". Anyway, I have a habit to look at the inside cover of the book and there it was, on the third page, his signature. I know what you are thinking, and i was thinking the same thing, that it was a photocopy, but when i turned the page i could clearly see that the signature bled through the page and even got some on the page behind, but the rest of the ink did not.

My second thought was maybe somebody just wrote it in there as a joke, so I got on the computer and looked up autographed Aaron Pryor items on ebay and compared the signatures, and they were exactly the same. So either this book really was signed by Pryor, which isn't a stretch, I do live in the Cincinnati area, or somebody out there can do one heck of a forging job.

I did also find in an autobio of Earnie Shavers an autograph but did not have the money on me at the time to buy it, and i doubt it would be worth much anyway.

Any how, anybody else ever find anything like this? If not, I recommend looking inside cause you never know.

That's a great book by the way.

Comment

Working...
    X