Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves Stops Fedor Chudinov in Six Rounds For WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see a lot of decent boxing fans on here. The difference from a poor stoppage and a good one is whether the boxer is defending the shots intelligably or throwing punches back.

We all seen him take a minutes worth of huge power punches. Thankfully he was ok and he didn't even complain about the stoppage probably because he was out on his feet and heavily dazed.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Did you just quote yourself thinking you are in your alt?
      Whoa! I think he did.

Plunger? WTF?

Comment

1 hour run

You should be worried about early stoppages with this referee howard foster lol...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          Was a really bad stoppage yeah he got him hurt but dude wasn't even stumbling and groves was bombing on him why would he want to throw back at that moment? Lol.. he was basically doing his face defense like Arturo gatti and got stopped for it, this happens in the U.K. a lot.

a truly dreadful poster

let me guess..... everyone should "go out on their shield", like Manny..... right?

Comment

Bit of a watershed moment this for me when you get fans thinking that was an early stoppage.

It's not like Chudinov has a particularly complex defence. It is a standard high held guard.

He couldn't do that for almost a minute - so he basically couldn't lift his arms up, he couldn't grab hold, and he couldn't take a knee. He couldn't actually make any decisions in there.

I agree with the poster who said you get pick more holes in the Klitschko stoppage than this one.

So many keyboard warriors. Embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
              WOW I thought Groves showed tremendous skill in there tonight.. regardless of what happens from here It would've been ashame If Groves had went though his career and never became a World Champion..
              Good for Grooves. Next should be a big money unification rematch with Degale.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
                Can you stop with this ****? Let me guess it was okay for the Gutknecht fight to carry on because he wasn't out enough?

Sometimes boxers are too ****ing tough for their own good and only a ref stoppage can happen. Chudinov would not have gone down. His chin is crazy.
                I believe in stopping fights when its necessary but this was not the case tonight - Chudinov had a guard up, the punches where coming in wide he was not laying on the ropes and there were no previous knockdown - this was a classic case of a early UK stoppage ; its ridiculous how some of you try to use extreme examples to justify this, Chudinov was not even cut...you Brits are too much.

I feel bad how many times Chudinov has been screwed from a terrible robbery vs. Felix Sturm to then finding out that Sturm was a PED cheat and now this in the UK....I'm very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by maddad2001 View Post
                  1 hour run

You should be worried about early stoppages with this referee howard foster lol...
                  #MANDOWN hehehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Whoa! I think he did.

Plunger? WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                      Groves is seriously underrated, wins over Chudinov, Degale, Murray, only losses were against Jack and Froch, really competitive bouts.

You compare it to a guy like Golovkin's resume who's ranked as a P4P fighter, and it shyts all over it.
                      I always said he's underrated. Even in his losses, he was never outclassed. He looked like be belonged at that level. He did get flattened by a great shot from Froch but it happens.

Anyway, the stoppage was good. Chudinov wasn't defending himself or even looking to throw back so what can you do? - Groves can crack. His last opponent is basically braindead. He also dropped and hurt Froch like nobody else, Froch was gone at the end of the round, saved by the bell. Groves has serious power and you can't be just letting him take free shots.
                      Last edited by deathofaclown; 05-27-2017, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X