No announcement yet.

"Floyd waited until Manny got old"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather:

"People said I was scared, a coward, to fight Manny Pacquiao. Everyone can have their own opinion. I always said, 'if it's meant to happen, it'll happen.' At one particular time, that fight was worth $60 million. I waited until the time was right, when things were on our terms and we were the A side and we could do things our way, we turned that into a $600-million fight."

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...lovkin--106117

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      you mean when his hands were hurt and he retired. I guess you don't believe him.

when did Hagler and Hearns fight? hearns and benitez? hearns and duran? was that during ray leonard's retirement or after?
      his hands were hurt potshotting the iron chinned hatton (aka excuse)? no i don't believe that just like i don't believe his pops would have beat sugar ray if it wasn't for whatever excuse he was trying to push..., and i didn't even mention srl, but if you are insinuating srl ducked a whole division when it was heating up, you don't have a leg to stand on...

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
        Mayweather:

I waited

title of thread = floyd waited

quote from floyd = i waited

i guess floyd waited

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Look dude, stop it. he didn't "chase" Floyd for any amount of time. He refused over testing, wouldn't agree when Floyd changed the cutoff dates, got stitches when he was supposedly available, then refused the $40 mil, no ppv offer.

The IV has been addressed, but of course you need an excuse rather than just admitting that he was always better than Manny. Is what it is.

If you want to blame Floyd because you don't like him, fine. Meanwhile, as others have posted, he can fight a MMA guy and do record numbers while Manny has to go to Austrailia. It's obvious who people blame for not showing up-Manny.

the simple minded are people like you. You were the ones that claimed he was scared of Shane while pretending shane didn't refuse the fight. You were the guys that thought ODH would beat him despite ODH refusing to fight him for years.

SO guys fought each other when he was out. Happens all the time. If you want to elevate those guys to try and make Floyd look worse, fine.

Look, you can pretend what you posted is how things were and there is nothing I can do about it.

The truth of the matter is guys like you lket Arum, Skip, and HBO sell you on a guy that never had a chance to win rather than listen to boxers like Roy and Bhop that would tell you Floyd had the goods.

You let guys like Dougie and Steve Kim, who hated Floyd as much as you, sell you on his being afraid, rather than guys like Lou Dibella who pointed out Floyd was always a bad matchup for Manny.

If you could set aside your dislike for Floyd while discussing this, you'd see just how silly it was for you to think he was afraid of these guys and that he couldn't beat them.
          First off, I am my own man. I don't need Arum, Lampley, Max, or Doug Fischer to tell me anything. I have eyes, I have been a boxing fan for most of my life, a boxing trainer and judge for over two decades. I don't make assessments from an emotional point of view, I don't choose my favorite fighters because of their race, and I don't allow the wool to be pulled over my eyes.

If you want to ignore facts in order to validate your favorite fighter, then don't cry foul when others who don't ignore facts point them out.

You claim the Floyd haters are all being influenced by talking heads and networks, meanwhile, most of Floyd's fans are influenced by him and his arrogant persona. They live vicariously through him, and since he is rarely if ever held accountable, that is a win for them too. He claims he is TBE, so on no other authority, his fans flock like sheep and follow his lead. Bow to the alter of Mayweather, kiss the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
            title of thread = floyd waited

quote from floyd = i waited

i guess floyd waited
            That's the new term for ducking in the Floyd era, "I let the fight marinate". More like die on the vine.

While real boxing fans measure a fighter's greatness in skill, accomplishment, seeking out the best opponents, taking on dangerous fights, and coming back from adversity, Floyd and his flunkies measure greatness in terms of money and a very well-protected, cherry-picked undefeated record. They choose flash over substance.

I'll take a champion in 8 weight classes, 3-time fighter of the year, fighter of the decade, and true warrior of the sport over someone who never truly challenged themselves and avoided all of the elites in their prime while receiving two or three gift decisions in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              First off, I am my own man. I don't need Arum, Lampley, Max, or Doug Fischer to tell me anything. I have eyes, I have been a boxing fan for most of my life, a boxing trainer and judge for over two decades. I don't make assessments from an emotional point of view, I don't choose my favorite fighters because of their race, and I don't allow the wool to be pulled over my eyes.

If you want to ignore facts in order to validate your favorite fighter, then don't cry foul when others who don't ignore facts point them out.

You claim the Floyd haters are all being influenced by talking heads and networks, meanwhile, most of Floyd's fans are influenced by him and his arrogant persona. They live vicariously through him, and since he is rarely if ever held accountable, that is a win for them too. He claims he is TBE, so on no other authority, his fans flock like sheep and follow his lead. Bow to the alter of Mayweather, kiss the ring.
              What facts am I ignoring? I think it's you who are being selective in which facts you look at. You also give opinions and say those are facts.

Do you honestly believe he didn't fight in 2007-09 out of fear of the others in the division?
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-10-2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                his hands were hurt potshotting the iron chinned hatton (aka excuse)? no i don't believe that just like i don't believe his pops would have beat sugar ray if it wasn't for whatever excuse he was trying to push..., and i didn't even mention srl, but if you are insinuating srl ducked a whole division when it was heating up, you don't have a leg to stand on...
                you don't believe him. Ok.

I brought up srl relative to my initial point- that fights happen when people retire all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
                  Not old. Just knocked cold and wasn't the same anymore.
                  he was knocked out 2 times before that man..and after the floyd fight he dominated Bradley and is now a ww champ again and still p4p..so kill the excuses

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Well PAC came from smaller weight where they age faster so that PAC is still competing shows how great he is. He's had more fights than Floyd and started younger. And Floyd waited for PAC to be koed

So when you think about it it's not that confusing.
                    hell that was the 3rd damn time he was ko'd..so how does that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      That's the new term for ducking in the Floyd era, "I let the fight marinate". More like die on the vine.

While real boxing fans measure a fighter's greatness in skill, accomplishment, seeking out the best opponents, taking on dangerous fights, and coming back from adversity, Floyd and his flunkies measure greatness in terms of money and a very well-protected, cherry-picked undefeated record. They choose flash over substance.

I'll take a champion in 8 weight classes, 3-time fighter of the year, fighter of the decade, and true warrior of the sport over someone who never truly challenged themselves and avoided all of the elites in their prime while receiving two or three gift decisions in his career.
                      Lmfao! It's cool if you don't like Floyd but to try and make this his whole career is funny.

Comment

Working...
                      X