Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: Canelo Never Hurt Me, He's Not a Big Natural Puncher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: Canelo Never Hurt Me, He's Not a Big Natural Puncher

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. took a beating on Saturday night, when he lost a twelve round unanimous decision to Mexican rival Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. Canelo, who raised his record to 49-1 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, pounded Chavez Jr. with big power shots, round after round, until the final bell of the twelfth round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I guess I agree... He put some fools to sleep though...

Comment

Pure nonsense! Chavez face told another story and if Caneloso punches didn't hurt then why didn't he just walk him down being the bigger man. Why are they asking Chavez so many questions anyways, he didn't even show up!

Comment

I agree. Canelo's punches were slapping for the most part he put a little more power into them here and there but nothing sustained and explosive like he is at lower weights. Canelo's strong at the weight and has skills but his power is average above 160.. The way Chavez was fighting If Canelo had real power at the weight he should have been able to stop him..

Comment

Canelo might not have the power to ko somebody with one punch, but he does hit hard enough to do damage and earn his opponents respect. That's the reason he couldn't just walk him down without making being drained a reason or excuse. He could've mustered a freaking round or two of at least trying something. Afterall, he was able to last 12 rounds of getting hit at will.

Comment

I hope Chavez Jr. crawls back under the rock he came out of.

This was the only fight that mattered in his career and what's left of it. He put on a no-show performance. There is nothing left of him to do here and running his mouth any further is only making him look foolish.

Comment

Margarito said the same thing about PAC lmao

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                I guess I agree... He put some fools to sleep though...
                yah like small chinny khan and chinny kirkland, some no name brit, etc. canelo's power is vastly overrated.

Comment

Lil Floyd couldn't crack an egg when he moved up to 147 and then fought bigger 154 fighters either but he hit just hard and sharp enough to keep them at bay. Canelo is developing boxing skills and does not need to KO everybody. Skills pays the bills!

Comment

Didn't hurt him, but admitted in the post fight interview he was afraid of the counters when Canelo was on the ropes.

Comment

Working...
                    X