Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long before HBO drops boxing from their network altogether?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first HBO main event I ever watched was Pryor/Arguello I, now all I get are GGG/Kov mismatches and Manny PPV replays. How the mighty have fallen.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
      2014 HBO average = 978,000. 2015 HBO average = 915,000. I'm no math expert, but by my calculations, that's not an increase.

2014 SHO average = 636,000. 2015 SHO average = 576,000. Again, I'm no math expert, but that doesn't seem like down 50%.

Networks don't pay fighters; promoters do. Haymon using his fund to pay fighters means Showtime probably has to pay less.

0-for-3 on accuracy, buddy. But why let facts get in the way of a post?
      I have no clue where you are getting those figures. But numerous reports state HBO had higher viewership in 2015 then the year prior. There is a link 2 posts before yours stating this. And Showtime's numbers took a nose dive after PBC launched. No clue what their avg was in 2014 but it's a fact the numbers are way down since march/april when PBC launched. Prior to that they got strong ratings because of Golden Boy promotions which are no longer dealing with Showtime. Losing Golden Boy and Haymon forming PBC has crippled Showtime. Again just look at the last cards Wilder 500k viewers a year ago well over 1mil. Jacobs vs Quillin only 300k despite paying both them guys 3mil, Broner only 500k. No matter how you slice it Showtimes drop in ratings is more alarming then anything we have seen from HBO.

And what are you talking about Haymon don't pay his fighters purses when they on Showtime. Only time Haymon/PBC pays fighters purses is when it's a PBC event. Otherwise the promoter/manager comes up with the fight shops it to Showtime and Showtime pays for it.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        So where is your thread about Showtime? Let me guess, since they are a PBC affiliate, they are killing it in the financial department and beyond scrutiny?
        I don't give a damn about Showtime either. It's just another bill off my current cable bill.

Comment

Working...
        X