No announcement yet.

2015 is a great year for boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 is a great year for boxing.

The obvious one, is that May/Pac is happening, that's more than worth it. While I know I've been giving Haymon ****, and rightfully deserved, he is giving a lot of exposure to boxing. Some of the matchups are pretty ****ty, but you can't complain being that they are on free TV. The NFL and NBA have crap games on all the time this is bound to happen in boxing.

Garcia/Salka should never happen, but Broner/Molina should, though it shouldn't take up any Showtime or HBO primetime boxing slot. It's great on NBC or whatever other channels he has. Tomorrow GGG is going to bring down the house, Lucas vs Ruslan just got signed... It sucks Cotto/Canelo might not happen, but this is already 100x's better than last year. Let's just remember to savor this, it may never happen again.

Floyd/Manny, more boxing on free TV, and if we can get any 2 of the following 3 fights:

wlad/wilder
    cotto/canelo
    kov/Stevenson

would be the best year for me in a long, long time

Comment

A few weeks ago we were wondering if we were even gonna get a any big fights this year. Great turn of events.

Comment

The Floyd-Pac fight along is enough to make it a great year for me. I insisted until the end that this great fight would never happen so I am glad to be wrong. I think I can count on my other favorite fighters like GGG, Canelo, Rigo, Santa Cruz, Maidana, Matthysse, Ruslan, Thurman, and that Canadian middleweight KO artist along with many other good fighters to keep me entertained.

Comment

It is always good to be rewarded after a pretty poor year with a much better year. Hopefully, it is more than that but I like to keep my expectation in check and be surprised.

Comment

Working...
          X