No announcement yet.

Strategy: How to beat Austin Trout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy: How to beat Austin Trout?

There are many great posters who have given input on how to beat great fighters like Pacquiao, and Mayweather and etc. I wonder what do you guys think is the best way to defeat Trout?

I have only seen his fights with Rodriguez and Cotto. His style seems particularly difficult to fight against. His only real flaw is his speed. He has good movement, and is great at any distance. The success Cotto had in countering him might illustrate a possible strategy. Cotto's jab was inefficient. Cotto's jab is very good but maybe his disadvantage in reach had something to do with that.

From my observations the best way to fight him is to ditch the jab until he is in hook range then hit him with a straight right and immediately move out of range. When he gets close jab to the body and don't stay staionary. He has great technique and can time and read punches well. Also hit anything to disrupt him don't head hunt. You will need good lateral movement here. The opponent who can successfully use this has to be fast, good in the inside, and have good power. I wonder how Vanes would handle him now or even a Dzinzurik.

Trout is the best 154 pounder

Comment

His only real flaw is speed?? You're right you really haven't seen much of Trout. Hell I've heard that ginger is supposed to be faster, lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        His only real flaw is speed?? You're right you really haven't seen much of Trout. Hell I've heard that ginger is supposed to be faster, lol!!

I've heard that aswell!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I've heard that aswell!

Comment

He is a puzzle, all road leads to Trout No doubt baby!

Comment

This guy whom nobody ever talked about nor heard of beats a smh version of Cotto at 154 and suddenly hes the best! :WORD:

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                This guy whom nobody ever talked about nor heard of beats a smh version oc Cotto at 154 and suddenly hes the best! :WORD:
                Boxing fans had heard of Trout before the Cotto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  This guy whom nobody ever talked about nor heard of beats a smh version of Cotto at 154 and suddenly hes the best! :WORD:
                  Well this is boxingscene, one fight and everyone is ducking you...

Comment

Timing. The best way to beat a stick and move guy with decent ring IQ is to break his timing.

Comment

Working...
                    X