No announcement yet.

Joshua lost in New York.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua lost in New York.

Wilder beat Ortiz in New York. In that fight they felt the need to give Wilder a time out when he looked in trouble. Everybody called it a bit of a con job and it was questionable tactics but it was made quite clear it is a New York State rule and there was nothing wrong with what they did.

So where was that assistance for Joshua? His fight was in New York too. I saw all the PBC trolls on here saying Joshua thought he was back in the UK where the ref would assist him in recovery time. But it was in NY where its in the rules to give you recovery time. WE SAW IT HAPPEN WITH WILDER. So why not Joshua?

Infact what is the point of that rule if it is not to check if somebody has been concussed or similar? Does it only apply to PBC fighters? Funny rule.

Certainly there's a case to be made that Joshua deserved an extra 40 seconds after round 3 like Wilder got

Comment

Joshua had that in 2nd knockdown in 3rd round ref gave him a lot of time even though he ignored him telling AJ to walk towards him

In 2nd KD at 7th round ref gave him way more time than Ortiz fight before he waved it off he probably gave him 30 seconds and still AJ didn't want it

Comment

Had AJ miraculously made it out of the round I'm sure the doctor would've checked and called the fight if he was concussed

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Joshua had that in 2nd knockdown in 3rd round ref gave him a lot of time even though he ignored him telling AJ to walk towards him

In 2nd KD at 7th round ref gave him way more time than Ortiz fight before he waved it off he probably gave him 30 seconds and still AJ didn't want it
          No he didnt. The ref took a little longer than you would of liked but there was no taking him to the corner and there was no check over from a doctor. Its not the same thing. They chose to evoke a NY state commission rule for Wilder but not for Joshua. That is one strange rule they have put in there, i dont like it and think it should be removed from the rules. It is only there to serve as a cheating tactic for home advantage when it suits.

Comment

Bu bu but Wilder doe ��

Comment

Its been 2 weeks. The guy lost deal with. Why we talking about old sh^t like its the first time someone thought it up. We was talking about this on day 1. Go look up some old threads for your answers.

Or D+ troll thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                Had AJ miraculously made it out of the round I'm sure the doctor would've checked and called the fight if he was concussed
                Really? You said it yourself. Joshua got concussed in the 3rd round and it was quite obvious. So if you say they would of done it in the 8th why didnt they do it in the 4th? They didnt wait 5 rounds to check Wilder they let him have his minute sat down and then they gave him more time before the fight continued.

Joshua didnt deserve to get some extra time, but then neither did Wilder. That rule needs to be taken out because its just being taken advantage of depending on who the fighter is. In other words its FISHY.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Its been 2 weeks. The guy lost deal with. Why we talking about old sh^t like its the first time someone thought it up. We was talking about this on day 1. Go look up some old threads for your answers.

Or D+ troll thread.
                  Its not a troll thread, hell people still talking about fights that happened over a decade ago, in comparison these fights are very fresh, especially the Joshua one. My point is there is a very dodgy rule that the NY state commission have seen fit to use when it wasnt necessary and then saw fit to not use when it really was.

Id like the rule removed. And seeing as this rule still stands and is there to be taken advantage of in future fights i think this makes this a NONE TROLL thread. Im not even blaming Wilder, he didnt ask for the corrupt assistance. Im blaming the state of NY and im blaming corrupt American Boxing.

Like Fury said, all he wanted against Wilder was a fair crack of the whip and if you are not American you are just not going to get it in America against an American. He wasnt talking about that NY rule but it all goes under the same banner here.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                    Really? You said it yourself. Joshua got concussed in the 3rd round and it was quite obvious. So if you say they would of done it in the 8th why didnt they do it in the 4th? They didnt wait 5 rounds to check Wilder they let him have his minute sat down and then they gave him more time before the fight continued.

Joshua didnt deserve to get some extra time, but then neither did Wilder. That rule needs to be taken out because its just being taken advantage of depending on who the fighter is. In other words its FISHY.

Dude both Ruiz and Joshua got dropped go watch the replay the doctor checked on both fighters after the 3rd and like I said Ref gave him every chance

If it was Ruiz dropped twice and the referee told him to walk towards me and he didn't do you honestly think he would see the 4th round?

Comment

Working...
                    X