Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN spend millions advertising on TV to reach millions to tell them that TV is dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    So you mentioned 30 years. So what if it is 30 years? That's still quite a bit of time away. 5 years? Highly doubt that. 10 years? Unlikely. But if you said 20-30 years? I could buy that.
    Yea I mean, this isn't anything I'm passionate about lol.

30 years, if it happens so what, I agree. My opinion is just that they'll die a slow death like the internal combustion engine on a car.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      That'll be interesting to watch. I think $10/mo will be the price for the next couple years at a minimum doe.

But yea it'll be interesting to see if the price rises or they offer package deals for specific sports (which I'd like to see as a guy who gives no f#cks about any non-combat sports) when they get some sports with more mainstream appeal. One would think they'd have to. Cuz them spending a billion 1.3B on boxing so far over the next 8 years some of these other sports are selling for 5x+ that number for there deals for rights.
      Theyve done some kind of MLB deal, about to be announced, $300mil for 3 years. Sounds to me like a NFL Red Zone kind of show theyre gunna be doing

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
        Look man, tv is dying. I wouldn't invest in it. 120 million, yet the next generation isn't buying into it.

Cable is dying, adapt or die.
        Stop repeating everything Hearn says. It will take 15yrs for DAZN to reach Fox level

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
          Theyve done some kind of MLB deal, about to be announced, $300mil for 3 years. Sounds to me like a NFL Red Zone kind of show theyre gunna be doing
          If it was MLB games that would have been major. It's just a highlight show. But it's a start.

Comment

Originally posted by phr0zen2 View Post
            The last ones? You do realize FOX alone has 120 millions viewers right?
            120 mil viewers or 120 mil potential viewers? There's a big difference between people being able to watch the channel and how many actually do.

Comment

That's nice and definitely big news. Personally? Not a baseball fan, but it is one of the three biggest sports stateside. Now, what rights did they attain here? To actual games or just purely a RZ type of show?

Comment

Where does the advertisement say that tv is dead? They make fun about the ppv model and didnt mention television.

Comment

That'll be interesting to watch. I think $10/mo will be the price for the next couple years at a minimum doe.

But yea it'll be interesting to see if the price rises or they offer package deals for specific sports (which I'd like to see as a guy who gives no f#cks about any non-combat sports) when they get some sports with more mainstream appeal. One would think they'd have to. Cuz them spending a billion 1.3B on boxing so far over the next 8 years some of these other sports are selling for 5x+ that number for there deals for rights.
                  Yeah, package deals could make sense, but they would need to have rights to pretty much every major sport for that to happen. Going to be interesting indeed, and I agree for the time being the price should be set at $10 bucks a month.

Comment

Whats NFL Red Zone exactly? Is that just showing the "interesting" games basically where a score is about to happen? So in baseball it'd be close games or something?

Randomly you seem like the resident DAZN expert these days. What do you think of them keeping this $10 price once/if they start acquiring some bigger more mainstream sports in these HUGE deals potentially?

Comment

The money that goes to boxing has at least a synergy effect for the other dazn markets.
                      Dazn germany does get all the us located matchroom cards and the bigger matchroom uk cards (unfortunately no wbss), but their focus on boxing was the sole reason I subscribed to dazn.
                      Last edited by asgarth; 11-15-2018, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X