Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 09-20-2019, 01:29 AM #171
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Blond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud of
Bank: 1,283.23
Total Points: 26,199.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
Great post, rare thing on NSB these days. Green K.

The only thing for me is Kovalev is still an excellent boxer, especially in his haydays. Besides Loma, he's the only Eastern Euro I'm sold on now. Kovalev deteriorated some, but he's still a force.
He acted like a coward for faking low blows against legit body shots from Ward. Like Ward, Canelo is a bodysnatcher.

He won't win this one given Canelo's built, skills, wide open level symmetry to the body of Kovalev, and chin.

I'm still a Krusher fan, tho.

War Canelito!
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Thanks bro. Iím a bigger fan of Krusher now after seeing him avenge against Alvarez and get through Yarde with a stoppage. I had him beating Ward in the first fight. I think Ward just got too much credit for getting up and sticking it out. It played to peoples sentiments. It was like Ward won a point for getting off the floor while Kovalev lost a point for not being able to finish him off. Sometimes an underdog will hold his own in a round and will get the point because thatís considered overachieving. While the favourite will be looked at as having a bad round considering expectations. But what do I know? Often the favourite wins much wider than they should. I know Canelo is the straw that stirs the drink, dude got sum stroke vs Mayweather even. Still at sum point things will shift and Canelo will get punished for not dominating. Okay that may never happen lol My brother picked Kovalev so Iím all in on The big red machine making a huge statement.
Blond Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 01:39 AM #172
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 449 Post(s)
chirorickyp has a reputation beyond reputechirorickyp has a reputation beyond reputechirorickyp has a reputation beyond reputechirorickyp has a reputation beyond reputechirorickyp has a reputation beyond reputechirorickyp has a reputation beyond reputechirorickyp has a reputation beyond reputechirorickyp has a reputation beyond reputechirorickyp has a reputation beyond reputechirorickyp has a reputation beyond reputechirorickyp has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,296.09
Total Points: 17,182.52

Great. Get lost. Keep reading the fake press that makes you P4P when you couldn't beat a aging slow prodding champ without some help from the judges.
chirorickyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 01:52 AM #173
The Champ

Quoted: 4671 Post(s)
BoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 822,934.25
Total Points: 850,368.79
Appreciate it brah! - $BloodyNate$ Have some drank on me! - $BloodyNate$ Since you love Floyds dlck so much here is a replica of it.  It's small but you already know this lmao. - apples Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 Cheers! - anthonydavid11 
War Tank! - Santa_ Clueless troll, that "knows" everything - Ogecca MaMa Cheers, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony red k champ - Ogecca MaMa simply hater - Ogecca MaMa 
No Message - MinuteMaid5 Can't forget about you - MinuteMaid5 Can't forget about you - MinuteMaid5 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blond Beast View Post
Thanks bro. Iím a bigger fan of Krusher now after seeing him avenge against Alvarez and get through Yarde with a stoppage. I had him beating Ward in the first fight. I think Ward just got too much credit for getting up and sticking it out. It played to peoples sentiments. It was like Ward won a point for getting off the floor while Kovalev lost a point for not being able to finish him off. Sometimes an underdog will hold his own in a round and will get the point because thatís considered overachieving. While the favourite will be looked at as having a bad round considering expectations. But what do I know? Often the favourite wins much wider than they should. I know Canelo is the straw that stirs the drink, dude got sum stroke vs Mayweather even. Still at sum point things will shift and Canelo will get punished for not dominating. Okay that may never happen lol My brother picked Kovalev so Iím all in on The big red machine making a huge statement.
Good post, again. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if Kovalev won. I like him too.

I should have added Usyk (my boy) when I was talking about Eastern Euros I was sold on. This guy really has nothing to prove to me. I was sold from day one. The rest of his heavyweight adventure, to me, is extra.
BoxingIsGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:09 AM #174
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 756 Post(s)
AKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond reputeAKAcronym has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 502,433.98
Total Points: 542,501.48

Quote:
It's all physics. Canelo's body punches almost paralyzed some of his opponents. Against Kovalev, he'll commit to that. It's the whole gameplan, even Kovalev knows about it. He better tighten his body defense.

Canelo is the second best body puncher in boxing, after Davis.
Naoya is better and more devastating than both.
AKAcronym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:14 AM #175
The Champ

Quoted: 4671 Post(s)
BoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 822,934.25
Total Points: 850,368.79
Appreciate it brah! - $BloodyNate$ Have some drank on me! - $BloodyNate$ Since you love Floyds dlck so much here is a replica of it.  It's small but you already know this lmao. - apples Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 Cheers! - anthonydavid11 
War Tank! - Santa_ Clueless troll, that "knows" everything - Ogecca MaMa Cheers, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony red k champ - Ogecca MaMa simply hater - Ogecca MaMa 
No Message - MinuteMaid5 Can't forget about you - MinuteMaid5 Can't forget about you - MinuteMaid5 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAcronym View Post
Naoya is better and more devastating than both.
Naoya, another one of my homies, I'll give him spot 4.

Best body punchers in boxing:

1. Davis
2. Canelo
3. Spence
4. Inoue
5. Loma
BoxingIsGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:34 AM #176
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Gideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 136.35
Total Points: 9,075.28

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.razor View Post
Pvssy-G is only tough vs uber drivers.
Not at all that's flawed logic mate.
Gideon lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:39 AM #177
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Gideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond reputeGideon lock has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 136.35
Total Points: 9,075.28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinci Champ View Post
and has gotten 0 credit i dont blame him
He gets 0 credit because he lost the first fight (arguably) and although he won the second by razor thin margins he refused to give ggg and us fan's a third fight he knows ggg came on strong in the championship rounds and nearly took nelos head off. He was pushed to his limits by a 37 year old past prime fighter.
Gideon lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:52 AM #178
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6848 Post(s)
Scipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,047.15
Total Points: 87,177.39
liar - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger 8===o - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger enjoy - -MAKAVELLI- 
- enjoy - cheeseburger **** - cheeseburger 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Henning View Post
Yeah it will be interesting I suppose...just pretty clear to me that DAZN signed Canelo and GGG, with the intention of using that fight between them to recoup a lot of money, and get a lot of attention to their app...I just imagine they are disappointed greatly with Canelo not wanting to face GGG at this point.

AJ's earning power has diminished, I agree...and Wilder seems beholden to his current group, though to be fair I don't think he brings in any real money, not more than even someone like GGG.

But as you alluded to, the only guy who really brings in money is Canelo, so he will have some rope...I just would think with all that money they are paying him, and with their pretty clear desire to have him fight GGG, I can't imagine them feeding Canelo $30 per fight...he probably only deserves that amount for 1 fight right now, and that is vs GGG.
Canelo's $35m is basically what he would earn as a 1m PPV buys fighter (plus a premium for disregarding upside going forward).

No different than when Showtime/CBS basically guaranteed Floyd his take on 6 1m PPV buys events to come over (while not cutting him out of ant upside).

Because $35m per fight was the cost to DAZN for Canelo to give up his US TV rights (and the rights in the other countries where DAZN is, though I know he keeps his Mexican TV rights).

Canelo didn't come begging, so DAZN expecting that to be enough to dictate to Canelo was a mistake
Scipio2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 05:09 AM #179
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Blond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud ofBlond Beast has much to be proud of
Bank: 1,283.23
Total Points: 26,199.72

Quote:
Good post, again. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if Kovalev won. I like him too.

I should have added Usyk (my boy) when I was talking about Eastern Euros I was sold on. This guy really has nothing to prove to me. I was sold from day one. The rest of his heavyweight adventure, to me, is extra.
Right. ( sorry if keeping on replying to ur posts is lame to sum, but like u said this forum is full threads of people cursing eachother out. Were all boxing fans.) I watched Usyk vs Bellew again today. I canít say I saw much of his early career, but that shot on bellew was nasty. He took his time. Fight went longer than I remembered though. I saw him unify too. I also rewatched Wilder vs Breazele too. Iím sure Usyk weighs the same in ring as Wilder does but thereís nothing like Wilders punch. Usyk is a tall cruiser but heís not a tower at HW. I canít wait for him to step it up. If he keeps winning it will be from ring IQ. If thereís one thing about euro fighters that concerns me is that they tend to pull straight back. Im itching for his next fight to analyze him more.
Blond Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 05:41 AM #180
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6848 Post(s)
Scipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,047.15
Total Points: 87,177.39
liar - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger 8===o - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger enjoy - -MAKAVELLI- 
- enjoy - cheeseburger **** - cheeseburger 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verus View Post
Let's keep this in perspective. Canelo can't fight every pretender at once. His contract calls for 9 more fights or so with DAZN fighting two or three times a year. This drama will play out over a 4 year period. Unlike Golovkin, he is fighting tough competition. Most of the so-called "Canelo Killers" will get their turn. In the meantime, some of them can at least fight each other -- Andrade vs Charlo for example.
Andrade doesn't bring enough money to make the fight on DAZN, Charlo isn't going to DAZN to fight in front of 50k subscribers, and DAZN won't let Andrade fight off of DAZN either.

Canelo has Kovalev as fight #2, likely Andrade as #3 if he wins, likely Charlo and Saunders as #4 and #5.

Then he hits a patch, but there's still Munguia and Zurdo Ramirez to fight (will see how they develop), and a viable fight with Errol Spence Jr (if he made his choice).

Golovkin could be wait for a while, lol
Scipio2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends