Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round 3 AR Vs AJ.... ATGR or Naw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no. surprising? yes. exciting? yes. all time great? nah.

joshua gave quite a bit in that round. that's what made it a great round, right? didn't expect that. but did it make it an all time great round? i wouldn't say that. people have been boxing for a long, long time.

it was really a round in two parts. watch the 10th round of bowe - holyfield 1 to see real two way action and exchanges at HW. joshua didn't have the kind of chin to do that.

this is the best round i think i've ever seen at HW

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      It's definitely a great round, but ATG? Not by a long shot IMO
      Explain....

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Great round for the era. Not an ATG.
        Explain yo self bruh............

Comment

Not an ATG round, but certainly among the top rounds of this decade, that showed a champion hurt a contender, then said contender showed great heart, dropped the champ twice, after which the champ was unable to fully regain himself, ultimately leading to a fantastic upset four rounds later.

Comment

Lol man people are forgetting boxing is a f.cken fight. It was a great round. Ruiz got up and got it back. Its what I tell my kids, "they land good on u, get it back." The announcer was proclaiming AJ is such a great finisher... than Ruiz got it back lol

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
              Not an ATG round, but certainly among the top rounds of this decade, that showed a champion hurt a contender, then said contender showed great heart, dropped the champ twice, after which the champ was unable to fully regain himself, ultimately leading to a fantastic upset four rounds later.
              To add, i think Joshua came back and won rd4. Team Ruiz had a good gameplan, walk down the giant. Punch him in his chest and throwdown if u have to. Its what ultimately lead to the tko

Comment

Not ATG great, but really damn good especially because -- who saw this coming?

"ATG great" would be something like Hagler/Hearns round 1, where you can hardly believe what you're seeing, and where the apparent advantage changes from one fighter to the other not just once or twice, but multiple times -- where the action is so intense, you have no idea who's "winning."

Ruiz/Joshua round 3 was super cool, but more like, "You got me, now I got you. Now I got you again." Round over.

Comment

the **** dazn commentary team doesn't help it out at all

Comment

the shock value of that round was very high it will be rember for a very long time think about it its the first mex HW with 3 belts LOL
                    Last edited by solo20; 06-04-2019, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larky101 View Post
                      First round of hagler vs hearns is what you call atg. Not to say it wasn't good but if we look at it objectively it was just a deceptively athletic skilled boxer versus a stiff pedantic Adonis who's mass prevents quick defensive reactions and inability to roll with punches.
                      2 rockem sockem robots. No KD. 0 suspense.

AJ/Ruiz had defense. feints. POWERSHOTS. KNOCKDOWNS back and forth.

and they are heavyweights. not 2 crack ho looking ethiopians.

Comment

Working...
                      X