Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any highly successful boxers who had bodybuilder-like muscular physiques?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any highly successful boxers who had bodybuilder-like muscular physiques?

Examples of bodybuilder physiques for boxers

I can't think of too many elite boxers with muscular physiques outside the HW division. Evander Holyfield and Mike Tyson come to mind

But even by bodybuilding standards they are not that big. Is there any high level pro boxer who also has a bodybuilder's physique?

I think too much muscle would put you in a higher weight category and make you gas more easily. But wouldn't muscle give you more explosive power and make you absorb more hits easily?

those dudes maybe would have done ok as bodybuilders in the 1960. You wont ever see a boxer anything like the modern guys

Comment

Post above is correct. None that are like modern BBrs. Tommy Morrison was huge and ripped, but he'd never close to having a pro bodybuilder physique.

Look up any of the MMA fights from world's strongest man, Marius Pudzinoski (I butchered his name). Dude was so musclebound.

Comment

Phisiques like that wouldn’t get you past VADA. Not to mention they would has out after a single round. It’s why Joshua has been talking about coming in lighter every fight since the takam one. Nothing scarier more as a fighter than sucking air and seeing your opponent with a full tank.

Comment

Many unless we're talking the pro bodybuilding mutants of today then no, not even possible.

Frank Bruno, Ken Norton, Mike Weaver.
          You have to remember when they boxed bodybuilding was different.

Comment

tim bradley

Comment

Ike ibeaubuchi
              David Haye
              Ron Lyle
              Anthony yarde - success level remains to be seen

Comment

Modern day BB's are too big, they have so much muscle it restricts movement and is an hindrance in combat.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                  tim bradley
                  Was going to write this, first guy that popped into my mind.

Comment

I dont believe Bodybuilders have been successful in ANY other "Sport"

Comment

Working...
                    X