Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are your favorite fighters and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are your favorite fighters and why?

So the question is who are your favorite fighters and why are they your favorite.

For me:

1) Deontay Wilder: because of his unbelievable self belief, he should not be as successful as he is in the ring with his extremely limited boxing ability but with self belief and a right hand from the depths of hell he is at the top of the sport.
    He is a true brawler like my unrefined style when I’m in the ring.

2) Anthony Yarde: the guy started late to boxing, seems to work very hard at his craft, has natural ability and that “it” factor that makes people want to watch. ( looks, personality and power)

3) Ivan Baranchyk: a new favorite for me for reasons not entirely related to boxing.
    I like how he throws his punches with bad intentions but the real reason is the dude looks just like me, I was watching his last fight with Petrov and my girlfriend said the same thing.

And yours?

1. Jorge Linares
    2. Juan Estrada

Comment

Loma - what's not to like? Entertaining, fast hands, quick feet, unbelievable reflexes.

Spence - Power in both hands, walks down his opponents with both body and head attacks. Not afraid to fight anyone.

Pac - technically not retired, even close to 40 he is still entertaining, hope to see him fight Matthysse.

Gary Russell Jr. - wish he would fight more, but great handspeed and foot work. Fast reflexes.

Gvozdyk - fights like a WW at LHW. I think he will be the man at 175.

Inoue - a beast, no nonsense, well-rounded fighter.

Roman Gonzalez - on the tail end of his career and hopefully still has some good fights left in him. Needs to go back down in weight. Great all-around fighter, can do it all.

Comment

Brook - I know he has said some stupid **** in the media in the last couple of years and the Khan stuff but I like the fact he takes on a challenge very few fighters around like it in this era

Conor Benn - might turn out to not achieve much on euro or world level but I like his fighting style and his honesty about his limitaions

B Joe Saunders - funny guy and has some nice skills him and Fury are not your average Uk fighter they actually have ring IQ, technique and are students of boxing they come in with a game plan and execute it

Spence - great little fighter a savage who breaks people down also talks a lot of sense outside the ring whats not to like?
        Last edited by davef; 03-16-2018, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Current?

Terence Crawford - Complete boxer and is entertaining. Is a humble, low key dude but has a mean streak in the ring.

Vasyl Lomachenko - Great style, top level skills and athleticism but fights to entertain. Great attitude of always seeking the best available opponent pretty much from the moment he turned pro.

Juan Francisco Estrada - Great technique, throws excellent combinations.

Others I really like: Roman Gonzalez, Oleksandr Gvozdyk, Oleksandr Usyk, Demetrius Andrade.

Retired?

Juan Manuel Marquez, Felix Trinidad, Rafael Marquez, Salvador Sanchez, Eder Jofre, Carlos Ortiz, Jose Napoles, Ruben Olivares, Marvin Hagler, Ricardo Lopez, Mark Johnson, Joe Calzaghe, Evander Holyfield, Alexis Arguello, Wilfredo Gomez, Gilberto Roman and Kostya Tszyu.
          Last edited by chrisJS; 03-16-2018, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Loma
            Spence
            GGG
            Linares
            Crawford
            Rod Salka

Comment

Hughie Fury
              The Dungbeetle Destroyer
              Danny Garcia
              Brad Pitt (Australian CW)
              Carlos Molina
              Rod Salsa

Comment

Pacquiao, Gassiev, Inoue, Lomachenko, Wilder, Golovkin and Bivol

Comment

Wilder, Gassiev, Kovalev, Ramirez, Golovkin, Brook, Crawford, Mikey Garcia, Lomachenko....Walters and Andy Ruiz if they should ever fight again.

No particular formula, just like watching these guys fight.

Comment

international- usyk, spence, golovkin, beterbiev, mikey garcia

will pretty much cheer on all UK fighters so pointless listing them.

Comment

Working...
                    X