Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBC fighters are not exclusive to NBC.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC fighters are not exclusive to NBC.

Update*

Still don't think they put anything major on Showtime instead of the paid time slot.
    Also Showtime not having anything announced after Wilder/Stiverne while NBC already has 2 cards is interesting.
    Last edited by Hougigo; 01-14-2015, 05:32 PM.

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post

Still don't think they put anything major on Showtime instead of the paid time slot.
    Also Showtime not having anything announced after Wilder/Stiverne while NBC already has 2 cards is interesting.
    Ya I don't see him putting anything great on showtime when he's paying for time slots on NBC.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      Ya I don't see him putting anything great on showtime when he's paying for time slots on NBC.
      Yea... like somebody brought up before... Vanes/Trout kind of fights

Comment

I feel a lttle sorry for Showtime but not for Espinoza. But seriously, fuck that man!

Comment

I don't see this being an issue, I remember seeing guys on Showtime and HBO and bouncing back between the two. Especially when they were first coming up. This really is the way it should be the for the fighters anyway and let the networks bid for the fight. Really it's good for everyone that way as it holds fighters accountable to make good fights that people want to see but it also puts them in a bidding way between networks for the highest price.

Comment

I suspect Showtime will be the PPV outlet. Haymon has over 100 fighters. They'll get their share of bouts.

Comment

That is just Common Sense! If anything Showtime could benefit in the Long Run, NBC situation just help give fighters MORE EXPOSURE

Comment

i still think there will be a few decent shows.. broner thurman maidana ect cant all fit on just prime time shows.. 2 are already gone

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post

They are basically leaving themselves open should the NBC thing fail, if the NBC thing takes off NBC will just do their own ppv broadcasts, and Hyamon will have no need for Showtime.

Comment

It is to Haymon's benefit to have both sides bidding, bit right now NBCSN is just starting out so he needs to get them onto the program and onto the map with the quickness. He has the guys to do it, but he has to also find a way to keep Showtime happy while this goes on.

So I think a lot of the near term good stuff is going to NBCSN that is how it has to be.

The key for Haymon is getting beyond this first deal with NBC, because if he does good he has them hooked I believe and they could compete with Showtime. People knock the sports network but they threw around a bunch of money to get MLS (which they recently lost the rights to) and the Premier League, that is a serious entity with a lot of money and boxing is a sport they could focus on.

The question is can Haymon keep Showtime happy enough for the next year to 18 months for him to be in the position to really have both sides bidding for his guys (to me that would be his ability to deliver 1 thing and I think he knows that).

Comment

Working...
                    X