Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Wilder get KO'd against the first live body?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
    @hougigo.....yup, Greer is the triple cheeseburger with extra mayo and double fries on the side Wilder managed to beat-up.

Joking aside....what is the point of even facing a guy like this when you are 25-0 and need to see whether you can box a bit?

It reminds me of the bad old days when Bruno and Mason were served-up a long menu of fat, old boys who could not touch their toes. Bruno once faced a guy called Chuck Gardener who made John Candy look like an athlete!
    According to people, he needs to get more rounds in to better assimilate into the pros.
    Kind of makes no sense if he's fighting these types of guys.... but ok

Comment

@hugigo.....agreed my friend and a good call.

But at this stage of his career Wilder needs to be facing someone with something half-resembling a physique and a degree of athleticism, rather than Homer Simpson's stunt-double or the Michelin Man.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        I still can't get over this and the fact he's still not taking on anybody below 35.
        I think he'll get Khan'd in the near future.

(@1:57)

Seriously though, do you think we'll see him step up this year?
        He will probably get knocked out against the first live body yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
          Who would you pick between:

Wilder/Jennings
          Wilder/Adamek
          Wilder/Cunningham
          Wilder/Arreola
          Wilder/Price
          Wilder/Fury
          I would say any of those guys would be fine. I'm tired of trying to defend him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
            @hugigo.....agreed my friend and a good call.

But at this stage of his career Wilder needs to be facing someone with something half-resembling a physique and a degree of athleticism, rather than Homer Simpson's stunt-double or the Michelin Man.
            At least tell his opponents not to have McDonalds before the fight

Comment

Wilder was at the very least 5 years away from being remotely anything when his career started, he is currently in year 4 and won't be on 5 until the end of this year, anyone who expected him to be moved quicker or do something before that mark is missing the ball. He needed time in the gym to hone his craft and the fights are just there to keep him fed and break up the constant training.

Look at his first fights then look at his last few there is obvious improvement~ the main thing with a prospect is are they getting better or worse (stagnating) and even currently Wilder is improving so I fail to see the need to push him much faster and in fact the only way a guy like him would make it is if they slow rolled him.

I don't get the fascination with dogging this guy, any prospect in boxing even the best chances favor them never making it, Wilder has a long way to go and as such should not be rushed~

Comment

Also Bryant Jennings is no better than Wilder and would likely get his shit pushed in by Deontay, Jennings relies on his range and Deontay outranges him big time not to mention the fire power Wilder brings is much bigger than Jennings.

That is not a match people who dislike Wilder will want to see because his hype would explode and it still wouldn't even be warranted which I am sure those guys would say but they would get mad heat for saying it~

Comment

Wilder is 27 years old.

This is the perfect time for him to step up.

In today's era of heavyweights... they can take their time until their early 30's even.

Look at Pulev and Price.

Comment

Let's face it, Wilder beats the likes of Tor Hamer, Tony Grano, Dom Guinn, Richard Towers, Vinny Maddalone, Monte Barrett and others - but his management is too damn scared to let their fighter take the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      Let's face it, Wilder beats the likes of Tor Hamer, Tony Grano, Dom Guinn, Richard Towers, Vinny Maddalone, Monte Barrett and others - but his management is too damn scared to let their fighter take the risk.
                      I would honestly stfu if he fought anybody remotely near that level.
                      Hell, even Jameel McCline would slightly satisfy me

*edit
                      That fight goes against what I was saying about cheese burger fatties, but this dude at least has the experience behind him and will make a fight out of it for like 2 rounds.
                      He lasted 12 with Spizka and KD'd Magmomed
                      Last edited by Hougigo; 01-28-2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X