Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i know it was his first fight, but was anyone else disappointed with rigondeaux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i know it was his first fight, but was anyone else disappointed with rigondeaux?

i was pretty much expecting a southpaw ray leonard.i know it's been a while since he's fought and all but i expect a little more.

Nope, I think he will be the goods. He is a cool customer that will be very hard to get at, he is a counter puncher so when a guy refuses to throw he will not look as good.

Not everyone likes the Sweet Pea/Floyd types though, so I can understand your point if you were expecting a Ray Leonard.

Comment

He was all right, but I wanted to see more from the guy. He will also have to adopt to the pros.

Comment

i didnt realize he was as old as he is, he's 28

Comment

Originally posted by portuge puncher View Post
          i didnt realize he was as old as he is, he's 28
          He won 2 gold medals and did not compete in the most recent Olympics, 2000 is almost 9 years ago of course he is going to be older then most prospects.

Infact I would not be suprised if he was actually older then 28.
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 05-23-2009, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha-Omega View Post
            i was pretty much expecting a southpaw ray leonard.i know it's been a while since he's fought and all but i expect a little more.
            and what did you expect.?
            i think he could of bullied and pounded gonzalez in 30 seconds.
            i agree with teddy that rigo showed poise holding back from just going ballistic and getting it over quikly.
            and no showboating and ***** moves like yuriorkis.
            glad he stretched it out so we had a better first look!

Comment

Originally posted by steelhead View Post
              and what did you expect.?
              i think he could of bullied and pounded gonzalez in 30 seconds.
              i agree with teddy that rigo showed poise holding back from just going ballistic and getting it over quikly.
              and no showboating and ***** moves like yuriorkis.
              glad he stretched it out so we had a better first look!
              what did i expect? A SOUTH PAW RAY LEONARD.and he did plenty of posing, how the hell is that not showboating?

Comment

No, he was just taking his time in there. He is a counter puncher and his opponent was afraid to throw, so he was forced to be aggressive. The fact that he didn't use his jab and he kept his hands down after a round or so shows he was more focused on showboating and displaying himself to the public with big straight lefts;notice everything he threw was a power punch. That was his first pro fight and he hadn't fought in two years, we shouldn't judge him completely for Friday's fight.

Comment

I think too much expectation may have been placed on him but he has a lot of potential, he wasn't allowed to show all his tools against the guy he was facing.

Comment

Working...
                  X