Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale: Can't Moan Over Canelo-GGG Draw, It Was Close Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DeGale: Can't Moan Over Canelo-GGG Draw, It Was Close Fight

IBF super middleweight champion James DeGale has no issue whatsoever with Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennady Golovkin being scored a draw. Canelo challenged Golovkin for the IBF, IBO, WBA, WBC middleweight titles last month at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. After twelve entertaining rounds, the scores came down as 118-110 for Canelo, 115-113 for Golovkin an 114-114 for the split draw verdict.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is there another man more qualified to speak on such a topic? James 'Chunky' Degale comprehends the art of boxing, he too had ignorant detractors that do not appreciate skills and technique as such they ridiculed him and reviled this master-boxer.

I remember his fights with Porky Medina and Badou Jack as mirroring Canelos polished performance against Triple-Duck! a shame that we have so many imbeciles frequent boxingscene that I have to read all these hateful comments about two of my favorite fighters in the modern sport!

Comment

I don't know how a rematch would go to be honest. I don't think GGG is slipping like some are predicting but i dont see him fighting any different to the first fight. Canelo who i thought would win clearly in the fight didn't make it easy for himself by going to the ropes, it gave GGG a chance to throw at him (Even doe he wasn't landing a lot) it gave the impression that he was winning the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        Is there another man more qualified to speak on such a topic? James 'Chunky' Degale comprehends the art of boxing, he too had ignorant detractors that do not appreciate skills and technique as such they ridiculed him and reviled this master-boxer.

I remember his fights with Porky Medina and Badou Jack as mirroring Canelos polished performance against Triple-Duck! a shame that we have so many imbeciles frequent boxingscene that I have to read all these hateful comments about two of my favorite fighters in the modern sport!

Look how labored GGG's punches are. He looks old. "Pushing his punches" is the term that is used in boxing, and that's exactly what it looks like in those gifs. No wonder Canelo caught him with that nice counter right uppercut, just look how slow and labored GGG's jab is right before that gets countered. When you are throwing beach balls like that, it's either for your opponent to make contact. And no wonder GGG's not only landing less recently in general, but his power isn't showing up either. When you're old and you push your punches, the velocity isn't on them anymore, so neither is the power, at least not how it used to be. GGG is still "heavy handed" but the explosive power is gone, as is the accuracy and combination punching. At 35 years old, GGG is lucky Canelo has the stamina of a 55 year old, otherwise he might have been in big trouble.
        Last edited by Boxing Logic; 10-19-2017, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          Look how labored GGG's punches are. He looks old. "Pushing his punches" is the term that is used in boxing, and that's exactly what it looks like in those gifs. No wonder Canelo caught him with that nice counter right uppercut, just look how slow and labored GGG's jab is right before that gets countered. When you are throwing beach balls like that, it's either for your opponent to make contact. And no wonder GGG's not only landing less recently in general, but his power isn't showing up either. When you're old and you push your punches, the velocity isn't on them anymore, so neither is the power, at least not how it used to be. GGG is still "heavy handed" but the explosive power is gone, as is the accuracy and combination punching. At 35 years old, GGG is lucky Canelo has the stamina of a 55 year old, otherwise he might have been in big trouble.
          Its inevitable that age has to have slowed him down, but that's just life. You can definitely see he's handspeed has decreased. So he's ability to get the power home has gone with it, but Canelo is slick and tough. Golovkin is largely doing it in heart and toughness now, why in the world that leads to all the hate on this site is anyones guess.

Comment

I personally think if that fight was anywhere in the world except Vegas GGG would have got the win!

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
              Its inevitable that age has to have slowed him down, but that's just life. You can definitely see he's handspeed has decreased. So he's ability to get the power home has gone with it, but Canelo is slick and tough. Golovkin is largely doing it in heart and toughness now, why in the world that leads to all the hate on this site is anyones guess.

I don't believe that

3 years ago Tim Bradley watched a Golovkin fight from ringside and he said he couldn't believe how slow Golovkin was

Canelo made him look slow with his speed/reactions/defence

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                I don't believe that

3 years ago Tim Bradley watched a Golovkin fight from ringside and he said he couldn't believe how slow Golovkin was

Canelo made him look slow with his speed/reactions/defence
                Golovkin has never been fast, but he looks slower to me. It's subjective but to me even he's jab is slower than it was against Lemieux. Slowing down abit in the mid 30s is normal, it happened to me. Of course Canelo had something to do with it too.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Well said! I thought it was VERY close. A draw or 7-5 either way is fair. But some reason a bunch of GGG fans feel Canelo at best won only 3 rounds??? They basically "BYRD'd" the other way.

Comment

Most can agree Canelo won the majority of the early and late rounds. While GGG took the middle ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X