Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why a 'power punch' isn't ALWAYS a more valuable / worthy punch than jab / jabs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True, stepping in jabs are powerful as incoming trucks. Chwck out Dempsey's explanation of falling step jab in his book.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
      I'm not! If anybody is exposing themselves as 'dumb', it is you with your wild assumptions.

Perhaps speak for yourself? Since you can't speak in behalf of everybody.

Furthermore, the more accurate way to phrase this is:

"all objective users here know the point I'm trying to make, assuming they read the OP of this thread".
      hahaha i can see i struck a nerve...nothing but utter nonsense....its great

when someone says something negative about golovkin you guys accuse us of always having him on the mind....yet the same pack of stans are there to defend him at every turn...ur equally as deranged

meanwhile when the same guys that defend golovkin are out there bashing floyd, ward etc....you guys are nowhere to be found to scold them! oh wait...u are around...to pile on!

what a joke u clowns are...its obvious the fact that canelo landed more power shots on your boy has you wildly insecure...dont try to hide it....you arent fooling anyone

Comment

I swear ya'll use to **** on jabs and say it was all about power..I promise this board was filled with posters like this..now all the damn sudden when GGG gets lite up with power shots, JABS are worth more....

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
          I swear ya'll use to **** on jabs and say it was all about power..I promise this board was filled with posters like this..now all the damn sudden when GGG gets lite up with power shots, JABS are worth more....
          We talking power jabs, doe

Comment

Sure I guess, it all depends on how something lands and judging that if a dude is crushing with the jab like he is Larry Holmes that is a pretty good scoring weapon.

Still would you take a power jab over a killer left hook (from and orthodox stance) or a money straight right. Not in a one for one trade.

Boxing is not a right and wrong kind of thing though there are a lot of judgement calls and a lot of situations are case by case so always or never are pretty bad words to use in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
              What others may have said / claimed, doesn't mean I also take the same position

I didn't even mention GGG's name in this thread. Nor does this thread have any direct relevance to GGG.

The point of this thread was how to score a round during boxing bouts. The primary criteria is who lands the most effective punches in a given round. Effectiveness of a punch is based on how much effect the punch has on the opponent. This is based on how powerfully a punch lands.

The name of a punch, such as the punch being called a 'power punch' or a 'jab' isn't as important as how effectively those punches land. A jab can land with more power and subsequently be a more 'effective' punch than a hook or an uppercut. Even though the hook / uppercut will register as 'power punches' and thejab wouldn't, the jab can still land with more power.

Some clues / signs I use to determine the 'effectiveness' of a punch:

1) A punch that knocks an opponent out.

2) A punch that drops the opponent.

3) A punch that stuns / staggers / shakes / wobbles the opponent's body and legs for more than a second.

4) A punch that inflicts visible damage, such as facial marking.

5) A punch that snaps the opponent's head back.

6) A punch that forces the opponent to back up. Or forces them to slow down in their offensive intensity.

7) A punch that causes the opponent to show physical discomfort / pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                hahaha i can see i struck a nerve...nothing but utter nonsense....its great

when someone says something negative about golovkin you guys accuse us of always having him on the mind....yet the same pack of stans are there to defend him at every turn...ur equally as deranged

meanwhile when the same guys that defend golovkin are out there bashing floyd, ward etc....you guys are nowhere to be found to scold them! oh wait...u are around...to pile on!

what a joke u clowns are...its obvious the fact that canelo landed more power shots on your boy has you wildly insecure...dont try to hide it....you arent fooling anyone

Excuse me, but none of what you wrote in your comment has any relevance to the topic of this thread (at least I don't see any relevance).

So I am totally unsure of why you need to bring up all these points about defending / attacking Gennady Golovkin or attacking / defending Andre Ward & Floyd Mayweather Jr. What exactly is the relevance? Please explain! Since I am obviously at a loss.

I don't care much for Golovkin in this thread, especially in relation to his bout against Canelo Alvarez. If I had any boxer in my mind when creating this thread, it was Wladimir Klitschko more than Gennady Golovkin. So again, I don't understand the relevance for you to bring up all those points about those aforementioned boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                  Excuse me, but none of what you wrote in your comment has any relevance to the topic of this thread (at least I don't see any relevance).

So I am totally unsure of why you need to bring up all these points about defending / attacking Gennady Golovkin or attacking / defending Andre Ward & Floyd Mayweather Jr. What exactly is the relevance? Please explain! Since I am obviously at a loss.

I don't care much for Golovkin in this thread, especially in relation to his bout against Canelo Alvarez. If I had any boxer in my mind when creating this thread, it was Wladimir Klitschko more than Gennady Golovkin. So again, I don't understand the relevance for you to bring up all those points about those aforementioned boxers.
                  its ok man...one day youll get over golovkins performance against the guy he was supposed to demolish.....you might even get a chance to see golovkin redeem himself....then again...careful what you wish for ...i know yall couldnt wait to see ward/kova 2 to get what was rightfully yours...cept that ended in tears and excuses too...oh well...good luck clown

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    its ok man...one day youll get over golovkins performance against the guy he was supposed to demolish.....you might even get a chance to see golovkin redeem himself....then again...careful what you wish for ...i know yall couldnt wait to see ward/kova 2 to get what was rightfully yours...cept that ended in tears and excuses too...oh well...good luck clown

What relevance do these following points have to the topic of this thread:

1) Anything related to Gennady Golovkin.

2) Anything related to Andre Ward.

3) Anything related to Sergey Kovalev.

4) Anything personal to do with me.

Do you by chance have an IQ level below room temperature?

Or could it be that all of those points are totally irrelevant to the topic of this thread, but you can't avoid mentioning those points, because you are somewhat obsessed due to repeatedly raising points about specific individuals?

Yes, I'm a clown when it's you who isn't able to explain the relevance of your points to the topic of this thread?

Good luck with your therapy because you may need it.

Comment

Working...
                    X