Garcia & Bradley had greater runs at 140 than Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
    who the hell mentioned floyd??
    I did you **** lick! If you have a problem fly your azz out to Cali and I’ll put a beating on you! Lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      I did you **** lick! If you have a problem fly your azz out to Cali and I’ll put a beating on you! Lmfao
      yea right ..yall gotta get new material

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        So Crawford unified all the trinkets at 140 and now people have him P4P #1 or close, but facts are his run of opponents weren't that great. Diaz and Postol were good but not great opponents. The rest are whatever. Molina, Lundy, and even Udango (who somehow captured two belts) are just ok wins. His reign at the division is similar to GGG before he fought Jacobs and Canelo. Just a bunch of decent wins in spectacular fashion, but nobody elite.

Garcia dominated highly regarded Lucas Matthysse and Amir Khan, two fights where he was the major underdog in. That alone is more than Crawford has done his entire career. Bradley beat undefeated guys like Peterson and Alexander with ease and also has scalps like Miguel Vasquez, Witter, and Holt.

So where's all the Crawford hype coming from? Does unifying all the trinkets at a division, against ok competition no less, mean that much today?
        Nailed it!!! I like Crawford but these dudes seriously overrate the fuck out of people sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
          I think a lot of you guys are expecting Crawford to be a superstar. The problem is he hasn't been marketed and he is not marketable.
          Not marketable?!?! Have you seen how he sells out fights in Omaha!!!

Comment

yea right ..yall gotta get new material
            Ok in all seriousness my point was other fighters have done more than Floyd at certain weight classes but that doesn’t make them better than him

Comment

khan and maidana are two of the most overrated fighters of recent times.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                So Crawford unified all the trinkets at 140 and now people have him P4P #1 or close, but facts are his run of opponents weren't that great. Diaz and Postol were good but not great opponents. The rest are whatever. Molina, Lundy, and even Udango (who somehow captured two belts) are just ok wins. His reign at the division is similar to GGG before he fought Jacobs and Canelo. Just a bunch of decent wins in spectacular fashion, but nobody elite.

Garcia dominated highly regarded Lucas Matthysse and Amir Khan, two fights where he was the major underdog in. That alone is more than Crawford has done his entire career. Bradley beat undefeated guys like Peterson and Alexander with ease and also has scalps like Miguel Vasquez, Witter, and Holt.

So where's all the Crawford hype coming from? Does unifying all the trinkets at a division, against ok competition no less, mean that much today?
                Its not about who has the better resume (Khan and Bradley are clearly better and Garcia is better too) BUT it's about how Crawford has worked his way through these guys. Regardless of their historical relevance to the division, TC hasnt lost a round, stopped most of them and looked completely in control.

The guy can literally do what he wants in the ring, be defensive, be offensive, go for a KO, go southpaw, go orthodox, move, taunt...these guys cant catch him. Ofc, its the least competitive the division has been in years but thats not his fault.

And a huge part of p4p is how good a fighter looks, in comparison to other fighters, regardless of weight, meaning who would win, if all things were equal. I dont think theres anyone in boxing who can match his skills right now.

Possibly Loma is close, maybe GGG...but certainly no one else.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  Ok in all seriousness my point was other fighters have done more than Floyd at certain weight classes but that doesn’t make them better than him
                  Floyds legacy was not build on one single weight class tho

Comment

Neither is Crawford’s

Comment

is it his amazing resume of past prime fighters?

Comment

Working...
                      X