No announcement yet.

HW Future Looking Bright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HW Future Looking Bright

So I think many, myself included, have been disappointed with the division in recent years. Fury beating Wlad seemed like a new dawn for the division, you had a new and vulnerable looking champion, big punching contenders such as a resurgent Povetkin, Deontay Wilder and Luis Ortiz. You had Anthony Joshua and Joseph Parker coming up the ranks quickly. Things were really looking up.

Only really Anthony Joshua has delivered. Fury collapsed in a controversy of failed drug tests, ****phobic rants and depression. Povetkin and Ortiz both got popped for PEDs while on the path to fight Wilder. Wilder, subsequently, has still not faced a top opponent since Stiverne. Parker has looked increasingly flawed even fighting at the top 10-15 range of HW's.

Looking to the future however we have some very interesting prospects on the horizon in my opinion, 3 Olympians who have recently turned over and some young, big, skilled HW's from around the world.

Filip Hrgovic
    (1-0, 1ko)

Only 25 but has been on World amateur circuit forever. Big (well built 6'6"), fast and skilled he has arguably not gotten the rewards out of the Am scene that he maybe should have due to some controversial cards. Can be a little stiff with his head movement and open to incoming shots, but his punches are so spiteful that its hard not to get excited watching him. He turned pro this last weekend with a KO over journeyman Zumbano Love.

Tony Yoka (1-0, 1ko)

Olympic and World Championship Gold Medallist from the amateurs, though not without controversy, he was one of the top fighters from the last era of SHW's. At 6'7", 240lbs, 82" reach, he has the dimensions and he is also quick, skilled and extremely athletic. Trained by Virgil Hunter in the pros and I believe this will be a good fit. He made his pro debut earlier in the year and has his next bout in a few weeks.

Joe Joyce

The other Olympian and top amateur turning over this year. He is older than the others, but he proved in the Ams to be up there with the best. He won Silver in the Olympics losing out to Tony Yoka in the final. He is a natural SHW, deceptively athletic (looks a bit cumbersome but he can produce a backflip in the ring when he wins a fight). Extremely strong fit and relentless in his attack he never stops coming and never stops punching. A really nice jab adds some finesse to braun.

Last edited by Tom Cruise; 10-02-2017, 08:18 AM.

I like Hrgovic.

Yoko I am not so excited about. I don't know what it is. He just doesn't have 'that solid look about him' as Jim Watt would say.

Domestically Joyce should be in British title contention within a year otherwise he might as well have not bothered turning over. I'm hoping he can get in with Whyte and Chisora.

Comment

Yoko will lose by KO every time he fights top opposition.

But yeah im very excited about Hrgovic & Daniel Dubois

Don't forget this guy too: http://boxrec.com/pl/boxer/727779

We're talking in 2-3 years time so yeah the next 2 years looks pretty bad. Especially after AJ v Wilder, there is literally nothing left after that.

Comment

Daniel Dubois (5-0, 5kos)

Seemingly came out of nowhere when Frank Warren signed him up earlier this year. A fearsome sparring reputation and a successful youth Am career perhaps pointed to his talent. He is a very solid lump of a man, even at just 20 yrs old. Very well balanced and a shotgun jab have kept opponents shelled up just trying to survive so far in his career. Can be a big disorganised when he opens up in combination, but its a small criticism for someone so young.

Vladyslav Sirenko (3-0, 3kos)

Literally just heard about this guy and was instantly impressed by the big Ukrainian. Just 22yrs old, 6'4", 240lbs. He is a seriously built man. What is impressive looking at his fights is his balance and composure. He dominates the centre of the ring and picks some lovely shots to body and head. Definitely one to watch for the future. He turned pro earlier this year in South Africa, where he has fought all his fights so far.

Darmani Rock (8-0, 5kos)

This 21 year old American is another massive person. At 6'5", 250lbs, he is surprisingly fast in the limited footage I have seen. He was one of the top US amateurs at SHW, winning the American Nationals in 2015, but was denied going to the Olympics due to a shock loss in the Olympic qualifiers. One to watch on reputation, even if there isnt much to look at at the moment on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          I like Hrgovic.

Yoko I am not so excited about. I don't know what it is. He just doesn't have 'that solid look about him' as Jim Watt would say.

Domestically Joyce should be in British title contention within a year otherwise he might as well have not bothered turning over. I'm hoping he can get in with Whyte and Chisora.
          yeah that is a worry, but he was very young to be fighting at world level in the ams. He can look very skilled on form, really nice counter puncher, fast and athletic. Maybe with smaller tougher gloves his punches can have a bit more effect on his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            Yoko will lose by KO every time he fights top opposition.

But yeah im very excited about Hrgovic & Daniel Dubois

Don't forget this guy too: http://boxrec.com/pl/boxer/727779

We're talking in 2-3 years time so yeah the next 2 years looks pretty bad. Especially after AJ v Wilder, there is literally nothing left after that.
            interesting mate will check him out. Seems smaller for a modern heavy at 210-220lbs, but if he is skilled and quick with it, it can definitely work.

Edit: I have seen him before but had forgotten. I think maybe dan_cov posted about him?
            Nice fighter.

Last edited by Tom Cruise; 10-02-2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              interesting mate will check him out. Seems smaller for a modern heavy at 210-220lbs, but if he is skilled and quick with it, it can definitely work.

Edit: I have seen him before but had forgotten. I think maybe dan_cov posted about him?
              Nice fighter.

I Believe he is well over 6'7, dont think hes 210 mate? in that video you posted the commentator said he was 260?? but yeah i think his frame is kinda Wiry like Wilders, i don't actually think he would be as effective if he came in heavier just look at joseph parker and how ineffective he has been since hes started coming in 15 lbs +heavier.
              Last edited by mlac; 10-02-2017, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

Nice fighter.

Hell yeah! All aboard The Teslenko express
                He's out again next weekend against Daniel Martz - A 6ft7 journeyman whose been in with Parker & Jennings.
                Be interesting to see Teslenko in with someone with height & reach on himself.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  I Believe he is well over 6'7, dont think hes 210 mate? in that video you posted the commentator said he was 260?? but yeah i think his frame is kinda Wiry like Wilders, i don't actually think he would be as effective if he came in heavier just look at joseph parker and how ineffective he has been since hes started coming in 15 lbs +heavier.
                  just going by boxrec he seems to be in the 210-220 range most of the time. Yeah he shouldnt put on weight for the sake of it. I actually like HWs to be that size. But you need to have brains and skills to fight the big guys if you arent a monster like they are.

Comment

Dubois is the future, absolute beast.

Comment

Working...
                    X