Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez Jr. : Sergio Martinez would give me Credibility, Arum: Margarito Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just thought of something. margarito has been training at high altitude for this fight. arum is talking about having cotto vs margarito in denver. is he trying to give margarito every advantage he can for the sake of having margarito vs chavez jr?

i agree with chiguy when he says its funny that theres no possibility of chavez fighting cotto if he wins the fight.

i feel like arum is trying to have the fight at a high altitude hoping cotto gasses or put the fight somewhere that the fans won't go ape***** if theres a fishy decision

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
      i just thought of something. margarito has been training at high altitude for this fight. arum is talking about having cotto vs margarito in denver. is he trying to give margarito every advantage he can for the sake of having margarito vs chavez jr?

i agree with chiguy when he says its funny that theres no possibility of chavez fighting cotto if he wins the fight.

i feel like arum is trying to have the fight at a high altitude hoping cotto gasses or put the fight somewhere that the fans won't go ape***** if theres a fishy decision
      Maybe, but I think that Cotto is going to gas out at the end of the fight anyway, he's never had great stamina and tends to get tired at the end of most fights. Also, he's been training at sea level, and I honestly don't know why, the guy should've trained at high altitude to try to get as much stamina as possible since Margarito is a guy who's going to bring Cotto to his limits.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
        That was in 2000, both guys were completely different boxers ... In 1999 Pacquiao was beaten by Medgoen Singsurat but I'm sure we can agree that right now Pacquiao is a completely different boxer.
        Not the same thing.

Martinez and Margarito are still active fighters. an L is an L, why hasn't Martinez INSIST on a rematch with Margarito then if Martinez is the better fighter now? Styles makes fights.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
          Not the same thing.

Martinez and Margarito are still active fighters. an L is an L, why hasn't Martinez INSIST on a rematch with Margarito then if Martinez is the better fighter now? Styles makes fights.
          First of all believe it or not Singsurat is still an active fighter (yeah, he's terrible but he's still active) and second yeah I believe that styles make fights but I'm still sure we can agree both boxers are in different moments of their careers.
          Martinez started boxing very late, when he was 20 years old or something like that, and that's one of the reasons he's in his prime right now at 36 years old. When he fought Margarito he still was very green and had a lot to learn.
          Margarito has boxed from a long time ago and I'm not so sure about when he peaked, but right now he's not the same he was, he's still strong and has a lot of stamina but he used to be better a few years ago.
          Also because of his style, Margarito has received a lot of punishment and therefore his career is already on its way down. Martinez on the other hand receives little punishments from his rivals and has the ability to extend his career a little bit longer.

Martinez has been asked about a rematch with Margarito a few times this year and he has stated that if Margarito wins there was a good chance of Martinez vs Margarito II, but let's wait first to see if Margarito wins.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
            Maybe, but I think that Cotto is going to gas out at the end of the fight anyway, he's never had great stamina and tends to get tired at the end of most fights. Also, he's been training at sea level, and I honestly don't know why, the guy should've trained at high altitude to try to get as much stamina as possible since Margarito is a guy who's going to bring Cotto to his limits.
            yeah i agree with you on the stamina thing, but perhaps his new coach will work on that as well. he seems like a good fit for cotto from what i've seen of him. also, nyc is still a possibility so who knows. both guys are pretty much at the end of their careers imo, it's hard to predict if it'll honestly go the same way as the 1st fight. i do favor margs though, he seems to be taking training seriously and it's a given he wants to prove this win legit. we'll see what happens. denver and phoenix were said to be the backup spots if new york isn't able to happen though, so yeah it could give margs an upperhand if it goes to either place. scumbag bob has his plans...

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
            Not the same thing.

styles do make fights but not so much in this case since margs is past his best fighting days. martinez said he would consider a rematch but he thinks he would hurt margs badly at this point of his career, which seems pretty true since margs' name is being tossed around with the likes of chavez jr and martinez is considered p4p no. 3 in the world. margs is just not the prime beast everyone might he think still is, whether that is to believe pac beat a good version of him or you dislike martinez a lot. he still has some left in him i think, but not to the point where you can clearly predict him to destroy a tough world class opponent.

Comment

martinez should fight sturm, rubio, rematch with margarito(if he beats cotto) to prove hes a better fighter than 2000. chavez aint happenin cos arums bothered about money not boxing. i hate the fact that martinez would rather challenge pac + mayweather rather than unify the div or if hes that good step up theres mega fights at 168

Comment

Working...
              X