No announcement yet.

Mayweather and Pacquiao: Top 5 wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather and Pacquiao: Top 5 wins

First of, then let me make it very clear that I'm a fan of both Mayweather AND Pacquiao. But when looking at their careers, I have a very hard time defining their top 5 wins.

With Mayweather, it goes something like this (I'm probably wrong, so I hope you correct me):
    1 - Pacquiao
    2 - Canelo
    3 - Corrales
    4 - Hatton
    5 - Cotto

With Pacquiao, it goes something like this (I'm probably wrong, so I hope you correct me):
    1 - Barrera
    2 - Bradley
    3 - Hatton
    4 - Cotto
    5 - Morales

Please, DO NOT turn this into a Mayweather vs. Pacquiao thread. Just give your top 5 wins for both and your reasons, if you want.

It's obviously going to instantly turn into a Mayweather vs Pacquaio thread.

Floyd's would need Castillo in it.

I'd have Sasakul in for Pacquaio.

Comment

I would put mosley or castillo over cotto. Genaro hernandez could be top 5 as well

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        It's obviously going to instantly turn into a Mayweather vs Pacquaio thread.

Floyd's would need Castillo in it.

I'd have Sasakul in for Pacquaio.
        Only if we do not ignore those who would wish to turn it into such a thing. And yeah, I forgot Sasakul, an overlooked feat by Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
          I would put mosley or castillo over cotto. Genaro hernandez could be top 5 as well
          So your list is:
          1 - Pacquiao
          2 - Canelo
          3 - Corrales
          4 - Hatton
          5 - Mosley/Castillo
          ???

Comment

Originally posted by Morton Belgram View Post
            So your list is:
            1 - Pacquiao
            2 - Canelo
            3 - Corrales
            4 - Hatton
            5 - Mosley/Castillo
            ???
            In no specific order

corrales, canelo, mosley, pacquiao, hatton

Castillo, genaro hernandez and de la hoya after that IMO
            Last edited by mcdonalds; 07-21-2018, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton Belgram View Post
              First of, then let me make it very clear that I'm a fan of both Mayweather AND Pacquiao. But when looking at their careers, I have a very hard time defining their top 5 wins.

With Mayweather, it goes something like this (I'm probably wrong, so I hope you correct me):
              1 - Pacquiao
              2 - Canelo
              3 - Corrales
              4 - Hatton
              5 - Cotto

With Pacquiao, it goes something like this (I'm probably wrong, so I hope you correct me):
              1 - Barrera
              2 - Bradley
              3 - Hatton
              4 - Cotto
              5 - Morales

Please, DO NOT turn this into a Mayweather vs. Pacquiao thread. Just give your top 5 wins for both and your reasons, if you want.
              Money May:

1. Canelo
              2. Pacquiao
              3. Mosley
              4. Castillo
              5. Cotto

Pac-Man;

1. Barrera
              2. Cotto
              3. Bradley
              4. Morales
              5. Margs

Comment

Mayweather:

#5. Saved his face by shaking Margarito's hand and promised him a fight that never took place (Loaded wraps or not, Margie was always a stylistic nightmare for Mayweather. His original Boogeyman)

#4. Beat De La Hoya at the right time. Reached superstar status (By '07, DLH was just a part timer)

#3. Ducked the beasts (Cotto, Margarito, P.Williams, Clottey) at 147 in '08 by faking a retirement (Smart move. Couldn't have survived all 4 of them)

#2. Accused his scariest boogeyman of being a drug cheat so he had an excuse to duck him and fight him at the right time. (Not ripe for the picking yet? Just spread some BS as an excuse).

#1. Convinced y'all to buy his sparring sessions on PPV. He even clowned an amateur in the ring last year as well as the other amateurs outside the ring.

Those are Mayweather's Top 5 "unofficial" wins

Pacquiao's Top 5 Wins:

#5. Barrera in '03
                #4. Morales in January of '06
                #3. Hatton
                #2. Marquez in '08 (The outcome of this one got fans involved in many YouTube wars. Fun times)
                #1. Cotto (This one also counts as his biggest "unofficial" win as he turned Mayweather into a jealous, insecure hater. Not to mention, a shameless ducker).

Just for laughs, fellas. Didn't mean no harm.

Comment

Mayweather:

1) Pacquiao- defeated a still highly rated ATG fighter in convincing fashion

2) Corrales- Utterly destroyed the other top undefeated fighter in his weight class in what was a genuine 50-50 fight at the time

3) Canelo- pitched a shutout against a much bigger and younger undefeated fighter

4) Castillo- the #1 lw in the world, floyd won a controversial decision but set the record straight in the rematch

5) Mosley- coming off a win over the boogeyman margarito

Pacquiao:

1) Barrera- big underdog against the prime mexican legend and scored a massive tko win

2) Marquez II-another mexican legend, pac fought in 4 epic fights with jmm but the second fight both were in their primes. Won a close, highly competitive but controversial decision

3) Cotto- beat up and scored a tko win over the much bigger and hard hitting champ

4) Bradley- lost a controversial fight but set the record straight two more times against an undefeated champ

5) Morales II- the last mexican legend who was past His best but still a top fighter, manny avaenged a previous loss by scoring a tko

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X