No announcement yet.

Carl Froch - A good rep like a carrot in front of a donkey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Froch - A good rep like a carrot in front of a donkey

I am firmly sat on the fence as far Carl Froch is concerned. Whilst his lack of natural boxing skills is appallingly evident, his ability to take and deliver a punch, and his stand up style is engaging and exciting to watch. i fear the thing he will struggle most with is achieving notable recognition and a solid reputation.

Last nights result really does hinder him......least for now.

Win, lose or draw against Kessler in March, each outcome does nothing to help him where this is concerned.

He loses then he's beaten by a 'clearly overrated and shot fighter'

He wins then he's simply beaten someone who 'actually wasn't that good'

He draws then, well, no better.

Poor old Carl, it's going to be a long time, if at all, before he gets much love from the tough Boxing Scene forum crew.

Originally posted by mines a pasty View Post
    I am firmly sat on the fence as far Carl Froch is concerned. Whilst his lack of natural boxing skills is appallingly evident, his ability to take and deliver a punch, and his stand up style is engaging and exciting to watch. i fear the thing he will struggle most with is achieving notable recognition and a solid reputation.

Last nights result really does hinder him......least for now.

Win, lose or draw against Kessler in March, each outcome does nothing to help him where this is concerned.

He loses then he's beaten by a 'clearly overrated and shot fighter'

He wins then he's simply beaten someone who 'actually wasn't that good'

He draws then, well, no better.

Poor old Carl, it's going to be a long time, if at all, before he gets much love from the tough Boxing Scene forum crew.
    Why would froch care about trying to please boxing scene posters when most of them are yanks that are bitter about him owning your fighters.

Comment

Froch dont want no love from the fans, as long as his fiance love him that's all he cares about. Just to to refresh your memory

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
        Froch dont want no love from the fans, as long as his fiance love him that's all he cares about. Just to to refresh your memory

every fighter wants to be popular, to think otherwise is ridiculous.

Comment

I agree I do feel a tad sorry for Froch. All Froch has been saying is he wants a unification matchup with Kessler in a war at Nottingham footy stadium.

Wouldn't it be much better if the next set of fights were:

Froch v Ward for a unification bout at Nottingham
          Dirrell v Abraham
          Kessler v Taylor The loser is out the tourney and disappears from boxing mainstream.

BTW are the matchups already set in stone or can they be subject to change?

Comment

Working...
          X