No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk vs. Gassiev - CompuBox Punch Stats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    I honestly just don't understand Usyks stamina its seriously superhuman. He has an incredibly exhausting style as is and he just gets stronger and stronger. 117 punches with 70 being powershots in the 12th, ridiculous.

Its easy to grill Gassiev but when you've got that machine gliding all over the place constantly level changing, throwing 90 punches a round and hitting you from every conceivable angle I couldn't begin to imagine the frustration. Even preparation must be hell, you ain't finding sparring partners to replicate that. He's seriously unique.
    I've personally never seen anyone close to his size capable of what he is let alone able to consistently maintain it.
    He's like something from the damn future.
    aaaand they're both enrolled in VADA

Comment

Usyk has insane stamina because he has very little explosive output. He's like a Cruiser Paulie Malignaggi or someone like Meldrick Taylor. They have a lot of speed but 0 power.

5 of his punches is literally like Gassiev's one.

He landed an insane amount of shots yet Gassiev wasn't even really marked up, nevermind rocked.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
        usyk looked fantastic i had him sweeping every round but he has no future at heavyweight he lacks punching power indeed most of his landed shots looked like light taps and did not bother gassiev in the least such a flaw would doom him at heavyweight
        You´re missing the point. Usyk´s movement and output are meant to keep his opponent blind and off balance, the big super HWs will look even more stupid and clumsy than Gassiev. Take away a giant´s balance and you take away his power. Doesn´t mean that Usyk is invulnerable tho.

Comment

940 total punches is crazy for a cruiser.weight. These are the numbers smaller volume punchers like mares and santa cruz put up, that is nuts! And the crazier thing is from Round 9 to Round 12 his punch output INCREASED usually its the other way around, like a true champion in the final rounds he turns it up. Dude is in elite condition.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            I'm not sure I'd pick any over him certainly not with confidence.
            Maybe AJ as robotic as he is, I suppose Wilder always has a chance of landing something ******ed. I don't see anyone else giving him much issues at all.
            Weirdly a fight with Dorticos still intrigues me at CW.
            I'd say Wilder has a punchers chance, but there isn't a HW in the division that I'd pick to beat Usyk outside of with a lucky punch.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
              usyk looked fantastic i had him sweeping every round but he has no future at heavyweight he lacks punching power indeed most of his landed shots looked like light taps and did not bother gassiev in the least such a flaw would doom him at heavyweight
              doesn't matter. He can dance around every HW and hit them with 900 punches and win on the cards. He just shut out the #2 CW in the world.

Plus in the last 4 rounds, Gassev's head was flying back, which says a lot with that massive neck he has. If Usyk had his next 10 fights in the UK, he'd have 10TKO UK Stoppages lol

Comment

Usyk is inhuman. This skill, speed and stamina is unheard of at this weight. My #1 currently, without doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
                  Usyk is inhuman. This skill, speed and stamina is unheard of at this weight. My #1 currently, without doubt.
                  I kept thinking in the early rounds "calm down kid, this isn't the Am's you have 12 rounds..."

but he never let up...he didn't gas at all...WTF??

Comment

they jabs thrown in the last 3 rounds by both fighters couldn't be more opposite!

Jesus!

Comment

Usyk has some of the best stamina I’ve ever seen for man his size

Comment

Working...
                      X