No announcement yet.

WBSS final: Usyk V Gassiev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
    The whole Russian corruption angle is 99.99% fabrication. In fact, I'd rather have my favorite fighter fight in Russia than the UK where refs jump all over and wave their arms while the fighter is trying to get up.

Case in point: World Cup. The biggest sporting event in the world. No cheating found, and ended up being one of the best world cups in recent memory.
    I agree with that, i have seen alot of Russian Cards and while dodgy scorecards and robberies do happen, they are far more rare than in the UK and US, Germany etc...

Having said that if the fight is close at all, i expect Gassiev to recieve the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Yeah zero hype. I don’t get it. Especially from “Boxing fans” on here.
      I was thinking that it was hyped fine, but then I realized that's only because I follow Usyk, Gassiev, and WBSS on all social media.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        Who u got Ray?
        Going with Usyk... am riding with him all day, even doe I know it can be over in seconds if Gassiev lands something in the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          I was thinking that it was hyped fine, but then I realized that's only because I follow Usyk, Gassiev, and WBSS on all social media.
          The fight is on PPV over here on ITV. Am buying the fight, my first in years, because they both deserve it. We have beltholders who were willing to fight each other here, no one is crying about money or P4P ranks, no one think they have a divine right to be given something, they entered the competition with their resumes and go on with it. Those two deserves my money. One is willing to travel to the others country, even though there is hostility between their countries in a big political way. So yeah kudos to both.

Comment

I'm hyped. Reason why there is no hype is cause most dudes on here aren't really fans of boxing the sport, they're fans of a boxer(s) due to race/flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
              I'm hyped. Reason why there is no hype is cause most dudes on here aren't really fans of boxing the sport, they're fans of a boxer(s) due to race/flag.
              You are 100% right, I never notice this before. The Wilder situation with Joshua opened my eye 100%, am truly disappointed that I never picked up on it previously. I really never paid attention when this was noted by others on here, now I see it clearly. The way they attach themselves to race and nationality is scary. They even think you are like them because of your location.

Comment

Best fight of the year this. Two excellent fighters, the two top guys in the division, all the belts, lineal..it's got the lot.
                It's certainly not getting the hype it deserves.

I can't wait. I'm still flip flopping on my pick

Comment

bump

anyone know what time the card starts?

Comment

Biggest fight of the year, weird how theres no hype.

I can't wait, sticking with my original prediction of Usyk on points, hopefully there's no dodgy scorecards
                    I agree man, it's by far the BEST AND BIGGEST fight boxing can make and no one especially here gives a ****. I mean, the mods have stickied Joshua V Wilder but not this? One's still a fantasy fight and the other is happening in a couple of hours. It's quite simply EMBARASSING. This thread needs to be stickied right now

As for my pick, I'm saying Usyk in an absolute thriller. He'll fire off the block straight away, Gassiev takes over in the middle rounds, probably rocks or drops Usyk and with the fight in the balance, Usyk storms through the last 2 rounds, nicks a split decision.

We get a rematch later on and that one, I feel Gassiev will take.

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Yeah zero hype. I don’t get it. Especially from “Boxing fans” on here.
                    Because there are no boxing fans on this forum. It's a bunch of nationalistic/jingoistic ******s collated into a cesspit

In summary, this forum has
                    Wilder fans
                    Joshua fans
                    *****s
                    Pact4rd5
                    White fighters only fans
                    Black fighters only fans
                    Mexican fighters only fans
                    And ******s

Comment

bump

anyone know what time the card starts?
                      Half 6 isn't it? The undercard is heavy stacked and the main event is booked for 10 PM

Comment

Working...
                      X