No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs vs. Derevyanchenko - Done Deal, To Fight in October

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
    Ibf didnt told ****, they just wanted him to fight d-chenko on a exact date.

Vanes was a voluntary granted by the ibf(wasnt a "risk")
    derevyanchenko was ready, willing and able to fight lilg on may 5th..

team ggg PASSED on that fight in order to fight vanes martyrosian

why da fuq is that so hard to understand for poeple?

Comment

• The one good thing the taking of GGGs belt is we get these other contenders fighting each other instead of just waiting in line.
      Cant wait for this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

Are you hard headed?

Ibf granted a voluntary but said that team GGG needed to fight d-chenko at a exact date after that.

I dont care if GGG chose to fight rod salka for a voluntary. He chose to vacate his title after that and that was dumb

Im stating facts, not my opinion and what was the better choice for him, im not his manger

Comment

Are you hard headed?

Ibf granted a voluntary but said that team GGG needed to fight d-chenko at a exact date after that.

I dont care if GGG chose to fight rod salka for a voluntary. He chose to vacate his title after that and that was dumb

Im stating facts, not my opinion and what was the better choice for him, im not his manger
          not fight ON that exact date but have the contract signed and handed in by a certain date

Comment

• a win for DJ would solidify his legacy on the other hand a win for D-chenko would Definitely put him in the 160 map! good scrap im thinking DJ is boxing his ears off.

Comment

• I think it's interesting that Jacobs and Derev sparred 40 rounds when Jacobs was preparing for his fight with GGG. That's a good deal of familiarity with one another. I like Derev to take this one late. I don't think Danny looked good vs. Sulecki and I think Derev is primed.

Comment

its a bit more nuanced than that.

Sure, Derev said he would fight, but its not his call. Having dealt with Connely on GGG-Jacobs, Loeffler knew there was no way that GGG-Derev would get made on short notice, regardless of what the fighter is saying. Connely would spend 3 weeks just arguing about entrance music.

What I would have liked to see them do was to scrap May 5, and then send GGG-Derev straight to purse bid without wasting 5 minutes negotiating with Connely. They still could probably have gotten the fight done in mid-late June, but for whatever reason they wouldnt budge off the may 5 date.

Comment

Are you hard headed?

well, his choice was fight Canelo for $35 million plus, or fight Derev for $2 or $3 million.

Unfortunate that it cost him a belt, but still pretty easy to understand.......

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    Loeffler knew there was no way that GGG-Derev would get made on short notice, regardless of what the fighter is saying.
                    ima call bull on all that mainly because derev's promoter dibella stated that they are ready to sign whatever they send....

they just wanted to fight for the title that they were mando to

Comment

ima call bull on all that mainly because derev's promoter dibella stated that they are ready to sign whatever they send....

they just wanted to fight for the title that they were mando to
                      call BS all you want to. It isnt even Dibellas call. Derev and Jacobs are both managed by connelly. Even having both sides of the Jacobs-Derev fight, it still almost went to bid before a deal got done..

Comment

Working...
                      X