No announcement yet.

Did the judges hate Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the judges hate Ward?

Did the judges hate Ward? Me and my friends were watching the fight and we had Ward winning 8 rounds, with Kovalev winning 4 + a knockdown. So 8-5 to Ward. But the judges scored it as 114-113... I got no problem with that. The fight was close and close fights are often subjective. But I think Ward won by more than the scorecards indicated.

Originally posted by Flemming View Post
    Did the judges hate Ward? Me and my friends were watching the fight and we had Ward winning 8 rounds, with Kovalev winning 4 + a knockdown. So 8-5 to Ward. But the judges scored it as 114-113... I got no problem with that. The fight was close and close fights are often subjective. But I think Ward won by more than the scorecards indicated.
    are you ******ed? You had it 8-4 plus the knockdown, and the judges had it 7-5 plus the knockdown. That means you disagreed on ONE ROUND.

ONE ROUND

gtfoh

Comment

Well a lot of people thought Ward lost so I guess they really hate him.In close rounds people will side with the guy they like,I thought Ward lost because he didn't start landing power shots until late on but none of it matters now.Boxing has always been subjective.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        are you ******ed? You had it 8-4 plus the knockdown, and the judges had it 7-5 plus the knockdown. That means you disagreed on ONE ROUND.

ONE ROUND

gtfoh
        Lol, you killed me right there.

Comment

I'm with you Flemming. I had it even wider at 9-3, with the knockdown making it read 8-3 or 116-111. I don't know what a lot of these people were watching honestly.

Andre Ward put on a masterclass after the knockdown and almost won everything after the second. I gave Sergey Kovalev round 11, and rounds 5 and 10 were close. Kovalev looked dangerous throughout but Ward was clearly frustrating him and doing better work. The Punchstat numbers have Kovalev throwing and landing more. That is just a joke.

I haven't witnessed such a case of mass-hysteria in a long time. People wanted Ward to lose so badly that they tried to fabricate a Kovalev victory from thin air!There were times when Ward was making Kovalev look amateurish and one dimensional.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
            I'm with you Flemming. I had it even wider at 9-3, with the knockdown making it read 8-3 or 116-111. I don't know what a lot of these people were watching honestly.

Andre Ward put on a masterclass after the knockdown and almost won everything after the second. I gave Sergey Kovalev round 11, and rounds 5 and 10 were close. Kovalev looked dangerous throughout but Ward was clearly frustrating him and doing better work. The Punchstat numbers have Kovalev throwing and landing more. That is just a joke.

I haven't witnessed such a case of mass-hysteria in a long time. People wanted Ward to lose so badly that they tried to fabricate a Kovalev victory from thin air!There were times when Ward was making Kovalev look amateurish and one dimensional.
            9-3 rounds to Ward is also a fair way to see it. The judges were nice to Kovalev.

This reminds me of the whiny riots we had to witness after Mayweather defeated Pacquiao, lol.

Comment

anyone who scored the fight 9-3 or 8-4 for either fighter is just plain dick sucking dumbass, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                anyone who scored the fight 9-3 or 8-4 for either fighter is just plain dick sucking dumbass, IMO
                Watch the fight again and while doing so, imagine that Ward is white and Kovalev is black. And pay attention to Ward's dominance in the second half of the fight. Kovalev didn't win any of the last 6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Flemming View Post
                  Watch the fight again and while doing so, imagine that Ward is white and Kovalev is black. And pay attention to Ward's dominance in the second half of the fight. Kovalev didn't win any of the last 6 rounds.
                  leave me out of that black and white bull**** argument. fight was close

Comment

Whose ******ed alt are you?

Did your previous acct get banned for race baiting?

Comment

Working...
                    X