No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux-Donaire is a greater win than Mayweather-Corrales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigondeaux-Donaire is a greater win than Mayweather-Corrales

For one, read the name, I aint biased...so *******s and Fraudites please stay away...now

With all things considered..opponent, how "prime" the opponent is, the level the opponent is at, the opponent's past wins, significance to weight division, odds to win, expectations of the fight, performance, and opponent's "neutralization"....Rigondeaux's win is better.

Donaire-Rigondeaux to real boxing fans was a 50/50 fight beforehand...you could NOT pick a winner. Donaire was top 5 p4p in many people's eyes at the time and was steamrolling the divison against GREAT FIGHTERS with such skill, he was expected to reach HOF level....seriously, Donaire had VERY few doubters. Another very important aspect was the fact that Rigondeaux was expected to "run" which is why even his haters knew this could be the key to his victory...so this was a true 50/50 fight...BUT THEN

Beginning at Round 1....Rigondeaux stood there and threw with Donaire with ABSOLUTELY NO FOOT MOVEMENT. and OH MY GOD this round was one of the greatest skill showcases in boxing history. Everything he did this round was perfect...and HE COMPLETELY NEUTRALIZED DONAIRE FROM THIS ROUND ON....

Round 2-11...Perfection....you will rarely see a great fighter in his prime with no excuses great dominated by a greater fighter in this manner. No catchweight, no "he was too small/too big" or any of that...each fighter were at their absolute best....if anything, his SIZE WAS ANOTHER MENTION OF PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT HE WOULD WIN

ROUND 12...BOOM....GOT DONAIRES EYE AND HAD DONAIRE ON THE BACKFOOT WHILE LANDING PICTURE PERFECT POWER SHOTS. AMAZING.

Like I said with all things given, this was greater than both of those wins. Mayweather didn't do the unexpected and sit there and trade with Corrales while ****ing him up which is probably the only thing that makes this win greater but it is key because it shows you that Rigondeaux went for greatness and not just a win
    Last edited by IAintBiasedTho; 02-27-2015, 10:49 AM.

I would agree

Comment

Agree.

Corrales weighed 130 lbs at almost 6ft tall in that fight he was a walking zombie. that's not normal

Comment

can op name and list notable wins for corrales and donaire?

Comment

I'd put them at a similar level.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            can op name and list notable wins for corrales and donaire?
            OK, I will post notable wins to their fights prior to their losses

Corrales- Manfredy, Garcia

Donaire- Montiel, Darchinyan

Comment

If anything they are equal.

Comment

Yes sir that's about right.

Comment

Originally posted by IAintBiasedTho View Post
                  For one, read the name, I aint biased...so *******s and Fraudites please stay away...now

With all things considered..opponent, how "prime" the opponent is, the level the opponent is at, the opponent's past wins, significance to weight division, odds to win, expectations of the fight, performance, and opponent's "neutralization"....Rigondeaux's win is better.

Donaire-Rigondeaux to real boxing fans was a 50/50 fight beforehand...you could NOT pick a winner. Donaire was top 5 p4p in many people's eyes at the time and was steamrolling the divison against GREAT FIGHTERS with such skill, he was expected to reach HOF level....seriously, Donaire had VERY few doubters. Another very important aspect was the fact that Rigondeaux was expected to "run" which is why even his haters knew this could be the key to his victory...so this was a true 50/50 fight...BUT THEN

Beginning at Round 1....Rigondeaux stood there and threw with Donaire with ABSOLUTELY NO FOOT MOVEMENT. and OH MY GOD this round was one of the greatest skill showcases in boxing history. Everything he did this round was perfect...and HE COMPLETELY NEUTRALIZED DONAIRE FROM THIS ROUND ON....

Round 2-11...Perfection....you will rarely see a great fighter in his prime with no excuses great dominated by a greater fighter in this manner. No catchweight, no "he was too small/too big" or any of that...each fighter were at their absolute best....if anything, his SIZE WAS ANOTHER MENTION OF PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT HE WOULD WIN

ROUND 12...BOOM....GOT DONAIRES EYE AND HAD DONAIRE ON THE BACKFOOT WHILE LANDING PICTURE PERFECT POWER SHOTS. AMAZING.

Like I said with all things given, this was greater than both of those wins. Mayweather didn't do the unexpected and sit there and trade with Corrales while ****ing him up which is probably the only thing that makes this win greater but it is key because it shows you that Rigondeaux went for greatness and not just a win

Actually Mayweather did a lot more damage to Corrales than Rigondeaux did to Donaire.

Mayweather stopped Corrales and didn't get knocked down(like Rigondeaux) in the process.

Also "fraudites?" Yeah you're not biased
                  Last edited by joseph5620; 02-27-2015, 12:03 PM.

Comment

They're comparable.

Comment

Working...
                    X