No announcement yet.

Floyd the ppv king fraud

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MIGGATYMAG View Post
    The majority of people buying Floyd's PPV fights are Latin fight fans hoping the Latin fighter will beat Floyd. Like I said earlier have Floyd fight Porter on MLK DAY and no Latin fighters on the undercard and see how well his PPV #'s are. Tyson fought all races on any date and sold on PPV.
    People couldn't illegally stream PPVs on the internet during Tyson's time, and there were fewer alternatives for tv entertainment. There weren't 500+ TV channels and YouTube didn't exist.

It's MUCH harder to sell PPVs now a days. If you weren't a moron, you'd know this.

Comment

12 latin fighters on the undercard on latin holiday---floyd is main attraction

Comment

Originally posted by MIGGATYMAG View Post
        Ya, but guess who was on the undercard? CANELO! Thurman is the WBA #1 contender and Porter is a champ. Again Floyd said his name is what sells his fights so it shouldn't matter who and where he fights. I bet if Porter was Latin Floyd would have fought him already.
        Tell us how many hundreds of thousands of people you think bought the Mayweather/Mosley PPV to watch Alvarez fight a no-hoper on the undercard. I don't even know who Alvarez fought that night.

However, Alvarez/Angulo sold 300,000 PPVs, so his fight against whoever he fought that night must have accounted for at least 800,000 of that 1.4 million, don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by gamefrk View Post
          The sad thing about those smart business decisions is that they involve choosing the opponents gloves. That shyt don't go down well with the fans.
          De La Hoya chose Floyd's gloves for him and still lost. What is your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            You can't be the "PPV King" and not release the numbers for 2 outta your last 3 fights
            Why not? If he released them, you and the other haters would still claim they were lying about the numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              this is ******ed...the same people who buy Floyds fight on any day will buy them on another..it is called a fan base....and what do you mean by BROTHA????
              Brotha meaning fight Porter or Thurman. I don't want to hear they don't have a fan base becuz remember Floyd's name is what sells on PPV. If Floyd's name alone is what sells why does he only fight on Latin holiday's vs a Latin fighter and a loaded Latin under card? Floyd is fast to pull the RACE CARD when it benefits him, but won't fight a Brotha and give him a payday.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                this is ******ed...the same people who buy Floyds fight on any day will buy them on another..it is called a fan base....and what do you mean by BROTHA????

Big Larry, U know I have a good point Bruh.

Comment

[QUOTE=BYT11;14840414]People couldn't illegally stream PPVs on the internet during Tyson's time, and there were fewer alternatives for tv entertainment. There weren't 500+ TV channels and YouTube didn't exist.

It's MUCH harder to sell PPVs now a days. I know there were less cable outlets back when Tyson was fighting, but he was still making $20-$30m a fight.

Fool! My point is Tyson didn't rely on a certain Race to sell on PPV. Floyd relies heavily on the Latin RACE for his PPV #'s

Comment

Nothing new. TBDE is certainly no Tyson. Tyson audiences came in droves to see action and celebrate boxing. Mayweather audiences want to see him lose. The ducking, vacationing, fake retirement, the Pac controversy added to the mystery and curiosity. His boring style is not even PPV material.

Comment

Originally posted by BYT11 View Post
                      People couldn't illegally stream PPVs on the internet during Tyson's time, and there were fewer alternatives for tv entertainment. There weren't 500+ TV channels and YouTube didn't exist.

It's MUCH harder to sell PPVs now a days. I know there were less cable outlets back when Tyson was fighting, but he was still making $20-$30m a fight.

Fool! My point is Tyson didn't rely on a certain Race to sell on PPV. Floyd relies heavily on the Latin RACE for his PPV #'s
                      Who else was he supposed to fight at those times?

Comment

Working...
                      X