Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike McCalllum, Roy Jones Jr, Herol Graham amateur records (requests, Kalambay, Nunn)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike McCalllum, Roy Jones Jr, Herol Graham amateur records (requests, Kalambay, Nunn)

Mike McCallum

Amateur Record: 240-10

1974 World Championships(Havana): 147 lbs.; 5th: Clint Jackson (USA) L TKO 3
    Central American Championships Welterweight 2nd
    1975 North American Championships Welterweight 2nd
    Central American Championships Welterweight 3rd
    1976 Olympic Games in Montreal--Welterweight Tied for 5th
    Opponent Country Result
    Damdinjav Bandi Mongolia W Dec
    Robert Dauer Australia W Dec
    Reinhard Skricek West Germany L Dec
    (Skricek would go on to win a bronze medal)
    1976 Central American Championships 1st
    1977 National Golden Gloves ChampionWelterweight
    United States Championships Welterweight 1st
    Central American Championships Welterweight 1st
    1978 Commonwealth Games in Edmonton, Alberta: Welterweight
    Gold Medalist
    Central American Championships Welterweight 1st
    1979 National Golden Gloves Champion Welterweight
    Panamerican Games in San Juan -- Welterweight 2nd
    Opponent Country Result
    Claudio Pereira Brazil W Dec
    Edward Green United States W TKO 2
    Javier Colin Mexico W TKO
    Andres Aldama Cuba L KO 2
    (Gold Medal Match)

Roy Jones Jr

Amateur record: 121-13

His honours include winning the 1982 Sunshine State Games (gift decision against Antonio Tarver in final), winning the 1984 National Junior Olympics at 119, winning the 1986 National Golden Gloves at 139, winning the 1987 National Golden Gloves at 156, and winning the 1988 Olympic Trials and 1988 Olympic Box-Offs.

His losses include a couple of losses at the Florida Junior Olympics (probably what prompted Tarver to say that Jones was never even the best boxer in the state of Florida), being stopped in one round at the 1985 US Junior Championships at 132, losing fair and square 1-4 to Russian Igor Ruzhnikov at the 1986 Goodwill Games in Moscow at 139, being stopped by Irishman John Reid at an Ireland-vs-USA dual in 1986 in his first-ever fight at 156 (Reid was a natural 165-pounder), losing 1-4 to Andy Liebing at the Junior World Championships in 1987, losing 2-3 to Frank Liles at the 1988 US Championships (including being given a standing eight-count), losing 5-0 to Gerald McClellan at the 1988 National Golden Gloves, and being robbed 2-3 against Korean Park Si-Hun in the 1988 Seoul Olympic final.

Herol Graham

All I know about Bomber's amateur career is that he was an undefeated amateur, I hear he won Junior ABA's a couple of times (in 1976 and 1977) and definately won the European Cup a couple of times (in 1976 and 1977) - both at Welterweight. Then he fought at Middleweight in 1978 so that he'd have a big speed advantage and won the ABA's. No losses. Any more info would be great, thanks.

I also request any info of Sumbu Kalambay's or Michael Nunn's amateur careers. Cheers.
    Last edited by RedRooster; 01-21-2006, 09:52 AM.

for ****'s sake!!

Comment

will the real juyjuy please shut up

Comment

Originally posted by OASIS_LAD
        for ****'s sake!!
        Could you please take that **** out of your signature, it's trolls like you that wreck these boards. We don't want to have to scroll down half the page due to huge signatures about Oasis. Take your signature away please, idiot. Better yet, delete your damn posts from my thread.

Comment

stop making stupid threads that no one cares about then replying to them under another alt u sad **** and as for the sig its almost the same size as my avatar so it's okay

Comment

Originally posted by Galindezs
            Bull****!
            I don't know where you get your info from but it is false.
            He never did compete at junior ABA's and never competed at any European championships.
            Herol began boxing when he was 13, peaked by 1976 when he was junior World champion beating John Mugabi. He lost to Steve Hopkin at the 1977 senior light-middleweight ABA's then won the 1978 senior ABA light-middleweight title before turning pro.
            He split a pair of fights with Colin Jones, I think at schoolboy trials for the International team or NABC tournaments circa 74/75.
            Well, I did say that it wasn't 100%. I HEARD that he won Junior ABA's and European Cup and then jumped to Middleweight, so it's not "bull****" on my part. You need to chill out abit.

Thanks for the info anyway.

Comment

One more reply from you and I'll be reporting you to a moderator.

Comment

stop making stupid threads that no one cares about then replying to them under another alt u sad **** and as for the sig its almost the same size as my avatar so it's okay
                BANNED....

Comment

id ask for u to be banned but what's the point you'll just be reincarnated
                  as an even more annoying alt
                  Last edited by Oasis_Lad; 01-21-2006, 11:05 AM.

Comment

took the words right out of my mouth.

Comment

Working...
                    X