No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jorge Linares Would Love a Fight With Adrien Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jorge Linares Would Love a Fight With Adrien Broner

Former super featherweight champion Jorge Linares (32-3, 20KOs) recently spoke to BoxingScene.com about his future plans. The Venezuelan is scheduled to return to the ring next month but doesn't know who he will be facing.

"I don't know who my opponent is yet but I know I am supposed to be back on March 16th in Panama," Linares stated.

Linares dominated Antonio DeMarco throughout the majority of their October 2011 fight before being stopped by the Mexican in the 11th round. DeMarco successfully defended the belt twice before losing it to Adrien Broner (25-0, 21KOs) this past November. Linares said that a rematch isn't at the top of his list of priorities. [Click Here To Read More]

Lol at Jorge's attitude.He is 1-2 in his last 3 with his only win coming against a severely shot Velasquez and now he is saying that for him a rematch with Demarco is pointless.Still a believer in Linares but he has quite a bit too do before getting a crack at AB

Comment

lol, why??? thats the worst possible fight he could take at 135. gotta admire his warrior spirit tho. but he will never beat a guy like broner. just a horrendous style matchup for him

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin
        lol, why??? thats the worst possible fight he could take at 135. gotta admire his warrior spirit tho. but he will never beat a guy like broner. just a horrendous style matchup for him
        I disagree. Linares got the movement and speed to trouble Broner BUT.... He doesnt have the chin to win. Not to mention his face cuts from just looking at it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
          I disagree. Linares got the movement and speed to trouble Broner BUT.... He doesnt have the chin to win. Not to mention his face cuts from just looking at it.

u can disagree all u want. if broner and linares fought 10 times, linares loses all 10.

Comment

Actually, what makes sense is that you take two more fights against decent comp and then fight Demarco in a rematch...Pretty arogant for him to say that...and stay away from "Phuck Face Broner" if you want to even come close to winning a title.

Comment

Well I'd rather that than Gavin Rees.

Linares is so skilled but the guys chin & his proneness to cutting is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin
                Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

u can disagree all u want. if broner and linares fought 10 times, linares loses all 10.
                I meant to bold the last sentence in your post. I dont think its a bad style match up. Linares face/chin just can't hold up. His style would trouble Broner but in the end his chin/face will betray him.

Comment

I agree with Dempsey, Linares has the skill set to trouble Broner for the first 2-3 rounds. Linares is a beast but once he gets touched he's a kitten.
                  Excellent scenario where the chin, well let's just all agree he has no chin.

Comment

I'd rather watch Linares-Broner than Rees-Broner..

Comment

Working...
                    X