Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Frazier and Ali fought in the 60s?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tupac and biggie wouldn't have got shot nwa would have stayed together. But eazy e would still have gotten aids.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
      What if the earth where a cube instead of a sphere?
      Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      Global warming would go away?
      It wouldn't exist, but cubical warming could...

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
        What if Frazier and Ali had their first fight in the mid to late 60s? This, of course, assumes Ali was never exiled.
        Frazier probably would have knocked him out.

Comment

Originally posted by bender2000 View Post
          ali wins by decision or late stoppage , ali lost something in exile his foot speed and ability to slip punches slightly diminished and in boxing just a fraction of loss in reflexes makes a big difference.
          Ali was never as good at any point in his career as he was at the time of the FOTC.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
            Frazier probably would have knocked him out.
            No chance in hell. Ali's chin was every bit as stout in the 60s as it was in his later career.

Ali was never as good at any point in his career as he was at the time of the FOTC.

His speed and reflexes were far better in the 60s than in the 70s. That's not even debatable. Whatever he had gained in experience is negated by what he lost physically. Ali's best was 65-67, not 71.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post

No chance in hell. Ali's chin was every bit as stout in the 60s as it was in his later career.

His speed and reflexes were far better in the 60s than in the 70s. That's not even debatable. Whatever he had gained in experience is negated by what he lost physically. Ali's best was 65-67, not 71.
              Says you and maybe some other people who have no idea about anything pertaining to boxing.

Comment

Says you and maybe some other people who have no idea about anything pertaining to boxing.
                Awwwww. Is this because I disrespected Mike Tyson?

Explain to me how in the world 1971 Ali is superior to 1967 Ali.

Otherwise, I'll conclude that you "have no idea about anything pertaining to boxing".

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                  Awwwww. Is this because I disrespected Mike Tyson?

Explain to me how in the world 1971 Ali is superior to 1967 Ali.

Otherwise, I'll conclude that you "have no idea about anything pertaining to boxing".
                  No, it's because everything you claim is based on no good reasons.

Have you seen the FOTC or the other 2 fights with Joe Frazier, or his fight with George Foreman? Ali is defined by his career post exile, but I wouldn't expect you to see the significance of that.

Comment

No, it's because everything you claim is based on no good reasons.

Have you seen the FOTC or the other 2 fights with Joe Frazier, or his fight with George Foreman? Ali is defined by his career post exile, but I wouldn't expect you to see the significance of that.
                    So... because his most historically-significant fights took place post-exile, that necessarily means that he was a better fighter post-exile. Brilliant logic.

I'm doubting that you've ever even watched Ali's performances against Williams, Terrell, Folley, Chuvalo, or London. If you had, you'd know that 60s Ali is superior to 70s Ali in just about every category. Pretty much every credible boxing historian writes that Ali's peak was basically between Liston and Folley. But I'm sure you know better.
                    Last edited by SBleeder; 11-08-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Joe wins on the cards.

Comment

Working...
                      X